ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

The Fox Sports 2 ship has sailed.  It's never going to happen on Comcast.  Another controversy is happening on another thread; how many of you have tried to access the STARZ app on your Apple TV or Firestick or smart TV?  Comcast won't let you, even if you are a STARZ subscriber on the cable side.  Apparently, Comcast is in a snit because STARZ is offering a stand alone streaming service, much like HBO now or Netflix, and they are charging less for this service than COMCAST charges to have STARZ on your cable line up.  You can stilll stream STARZ on the Xfinity app, however the offerings are more limited than what you would be able to see if you were streaming via the STARZ app.  

This is another example how COMCAST could care less about what it's customers would like to watch.  Because of their intransigence, many more people are cutting the cord and investing in streaming services (for much less than what they would pay for cable).  The downside to this is the amount of data you use for your internet.  Because much of what I would want to watch on FS2 I now stream, my data usage went over the limit for the last few months.  I had to step up to unlimited data for an extra $50.00 a month.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

Interesting, so Starz streams their channel. Hmm, it would seem the trend is moving toward everything being streamed. It will be a move up to Comcast / Xfinity to see what will happen next. Amazon has "The Grand Tour", which is great program not being on regular television 📺.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

Hmm I have Fox Sports 2 (FS2) in my Houston market.

Were you with a different cable company that was taken over by Comcast/Xfinity?  If so, that's why you have it -- it was grandfathered in.  If that isn't the case.....SHHHHHH!  Don't say it too loudly, they might notice and take it away!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

I agree.  This issue has been befrore COmcast for several years and nothing visible has happened.   For that reason I'll be going to Direct TV or elsewhere within the next 30 days.  If you still hope Comcast will start offering FS2, you are wasting your time/  Find a different hobby.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

If you do have FS2, you are lucky that you are in the minority that have it.  You happen to live  in a market where Comcast had a legacy contract with FUEL (which preceeded FS2).  We had FUEL too, but it mysteriously dissapeared about six months before it became FS2.

With Fox no longer covering soccer, there is little on FS2 that I would care to watch.  I watch more racing now than I ever did when SPEED was still around.  To tell the truth, SPEED was a shadow of it's former self, no longer covering diverse racing series, instead showing car shows, much like Velocity does now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

As a new (returning) Comcast customer, I was very surprised today when I looked for Fox Sports 2 to watch the usual NASCAR practice and qualifying. Imagine my confusion when I found I did not have it on my channel lineup, especially since I wanted to watch the practice for the NASCAR "XFINITY SERIES", sponsored by Comcast!!!! Seems that would be part of any negotiation with Fox, NASCAR, and Comcast. Then I tried Fox Sports GO, and received the same message that I could not access the channel. Fortunately, NASCAR will switch to NBC in July. Maybe I'd better check for NBCSN on my channel list...,.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

At this point we are considering the idea of getting rid of our Comcast TV package while keeping our internet & Netflix, and signing up for Sling TV as then we can still have all the channels we actually watch and the added bonus of having FS2 for our race viewing.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I recommend Hulu with Live TV. It gives me 4 regional sports networks, All ESPN channels, FS1 and FS2 along with CBS Sports Network.

Contributor

• 

58 Messages

7 years ago

It looks like at least half of the 24 Hours of LeMans coverage is on FS2.  I can stream it on my laptop but I would much rather watch it on my TV with surround sound.  I'm surprised that I can stream it on Fox's site since we don't get the channel and Comcast seems to not allow some streaming services like BeIN Sports.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

Since Disney gets the largest chunk of money from our cable bills for their ESPN networks (then throw in the multiple Disney / ABC channels) ... Why doesn't Comcast start dropping some of the useless / repetitive ESPN channels to free up some money to give to News Corp to add Fox Sports 2??

It's NO surprise that Comcast grossly overbid for the Olympics TV coverage to force News Corp out of the competition ... And now Comcast along with the IOC are launching the "Olympics Channel" next month whilst killing off the Universal HD (UHD) channel ... Cat Frustrated

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@Seattlesix wrote:

Since Disney gets the largest chunk of money from our cable bills for their ESPN networks (then throw in the multiple Disney / ABC channels) ... Why doesn't Comcast start dropping some of the useless / repetitive ESPN channels to free up some money to give to News Corp to add Fox Sports 2??

It's NO surprise that Comcast grossly overbid for the Olympics TV coverage to force News Corp out of the competition ... And now Comcast along with the IOC are launching the "Olympics Channel" next month whilst killing off the Universal HD (UHD) channel ... Cat Frustrated

Some Comcast markets do have FS2, including my Houston market.

In that case, it was most likely grandfathered in.  Except for those situations, FS2 is not among Comcast's channels offered.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@spdGT wrote:

It looks like at least half of the 24 Hours of LeMans coverage is on FS2.  I can stream it on my laptop but I would much rather watch it on my TV with surround sound.  I'm surprised that I can stream it on Fox's site since we don't get the channel and Comcast seems to not allow some streaming services like BeIN Sports.

Don't waste your time with the Fox (Faux) coverage of the 24 Heuers du Mans.  Their commentary is inept and their ratio of coverage to commercials is about 1 to 1.  Sign up for the WEC streaming package, around $40.00 for the whole season including Le Mans.  While I'm typing this, I'm watching the re-play of the race.  I'm currently in hour 13.  It's divided up into one hour segments, so you can watch an hour at a time and not miss anything.  Plus the streaming and playback is in 4K HD.  Much better picture than over cable.  Also, no commercial breaks and expert commentary, including Alan McNIsh.  I've posted this info elswhere on this thread (It looks like I work for them, I've been advertising their services so much.  Not the case.  I'm just an enthusiastic follower of motorsports.)  I have an Apple TV box so I can "Airplay" anything that comes over my iPhone to the TV via my WiFi connection.  Better than cable.  Cheers, spdGT

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Today (06/25/2017), I again received notification of a solution to the lack of FS2 problem.  In checking it out, I am taken back to Page 1 of this 35 page discussion.   How is that a solution??  The only thing nearly as annoying as not receiving FS2 is continually being notified that there is a solution when in fact there is none.  The only acceptable fix is an announcement that FS2 is now available and until that happens, kindly stop the misleading "solution" notifications.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I'm gonna say it one more time. Ditch cable. Go with a streaming service. I highly recommend Hulu with Live TV. Get the channels you want for less money. Comcast has great internet. I consistently get 240 down. Their cable and equipment charges are outrageous. Get the channels you want and save some money on the process.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

We have been wondering and asking the same things for YEARS ever since Comcast dropped Speed, etc.  Direct TV offers FS1 and FS2 but it requires rental of the top level package.

It's a shame but we cannot expect to ever see FS2,  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here