ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Please get FS2 on our tv's.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am upset because the NWSL playoffs are on Fox Sports 2 so now I am stuck hoping they will be on You Tube. All of the league games were on Fox Soccer which I had. This is very annoying!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

would like to see fox sports 2 to be part of channel lineup. have had comcast for long time, want to keep it, please add to lineup.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

It was on February 12, 2013 that Comcast announced the agreement with Fox the carry FS1 & FS2 and here 6 months later we still don't have FS2.

This is just a case of a huge corporation doing whatever it wants regardless of its customers requests, there is nothing we can do.

Dish TV or Direct TV is not an option for my location and FIOS is kept out of my city by collusion between the city, Philadelphia, and Comcast. I'm sure Comcast threatened to move its corporate HQ out of the city if they granted Verizon FIOS a license to install their fiber optic cables.

What we really need is competition and  a la carte channel line up but the lobbyist in Washington quash that everytime its mentioned.

I pay an average of $300.00 a month for TV, Internet and UFC PPV and I can't access the programming that I want the most.

They don't care. The proof is, when was the last time a moderator replied to our comments here??? 

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

I've contacted the "Chat w/a rep" three times.  First one told me we would have it on the 21st.  That didn't happen.  Second one told me "it's not available in our area, but I'll pass this on to marketing department (a round bin next to the desk).  The third try, I was promise that "my issue would be given the highest priority, and I will be contacted soon".  Not holding my breath for that one.  What everyone needs to do is contact Customer service, tell them they need to get on the ball with this.

This is just stupid, especially happening during the middle of the racing season.  WE WANT FS2!

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Still haven't heard from the higher ups that I was supposed to.  Trying to get COMCAST to add a channel they should be showing is like trying to push a glacier back up the mountain.  I am beyond frustrated, and where I live (they don't allow satellite dishes), Comcast is the only option.  Bummed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Second this. Fox Sports 2 is a must!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am an avid motorsports viewer and have complained to Comcast for years as to why they would not carry Fuel TV in my area. Now with Fox Sport 1 replacing Speedvision, I see that Fox Sports 2 has now replaced Fuel TV and is still not offered by Comcast in my area. Comcast, get out of the stone age and do some research on your customer demographics and consumer demand. This is the last straw with me, I am dumping Comcast and going with the dish. Cost is not the issue, channels I want to view is the issue.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

11 years ago

I agree with you all, Comcast could care less that there is a Fox Sports 2 or even FXX channel. Why clog up the channel guide with 10 variations of world news station in several different languages with a couple of 'sports' stations. Fox Sports, formerly Speed Tv is about to turn into a Espn type station , ie garbage. I am not impressed with comcast at all

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm sitting here reading all these posts beating the tar out of Comcast about FS2 and I'm wondering 

if you might just be kicking the wrong dog.

Let me first of all say that I am really only interested in auto racing coverage and deeply mourn the

loss of SpeedTV.  Fortunately, NBC Sports Network has picked up Formula 1 coverage, and it

appears that they will have the same coverage that Speed had, with practice, qualifying and live

race coverage.  As  a matter of fact I'm watching qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix now and I'm ecstatic that Bob Varsha has rejoined the broadcast booth (he must have been under contract to

Speed) so we have the same Varsha/Hobbs/Matchett team that was on Speed.

NBC has also picked up coverage of the Indycar series so that appears to be fine.

That leaves the ALMS, Rolex GrandAm and Continental Tire series.  Thank God, ALMS and GrandAm

have merged beginning in 2014 (It was pretty rediculous having classes with only two or three

cars competing) and Fox has signed on to broadcast this new United SportsCar series for five years, and as I did not have FUELTV in my area, I'm out in the cold on FX2 like the rest of you.

Getting back to my original statement, Comcast has to pay these channels for the rights to

broadcast their content-----they used to pay SPEED 20 cents per household for theirs.

Fox thinks that they are going to be the next ESPN, and originally were demanding a rediculous

80 cents per household.  Naturally Comcast and all the other cable and satellite companies refused

and Fox eventually settled for 23 cents!

I'm wondering if Fox might not be the culprit, asking for more money to expand the coverage.

I do agree with you, however, that it would be nice if Comcast would let us know what is going on.

I think that we will be able to see all the final races in Grand Am, though some might be re-broadcasts

on FS1 because of scheduling conflicts with stuff like the UFC  (Ugh, I can think of some interesting

words that UFC stands for, but I'll let you think of your own ---- I wouldn't want to get censored on

my first post.)

I'm looking forward to some good racing from the new United SportsCar series (Maybe Roger Penske

will even come back to road racing) and hopefully everything will get sorted out by next year, as I have been following all forms of road racing since Phil Hill won the Grand Prix Championship in a

shark-nosed Ferrari and Road & Track had a "Dan Gurney for President" campaign in 1964.

But please, Comcast, let us know what's going on!

P.S.

I've never met anybody who has switched from Comcast to another carrier and has been happy,

and no --- no one is paying me to say that --- although that's not a bad idea --- right, Comcast

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

If you are watching F1 Qualifying on Comcast, it is tape delayed. Also, no live coverage of IndyCar Quals happening as I type this...will have tape delay later today. We are thinking the same as far as wanting answers. I have emailed Sr VP of Comcast only to receive the run-a-round and he will not answer me. Will not commit an answer about contracts in limbo. Also, the two top executives in charge of programming AND communications director of NBCSN asking for some kind of answer, that the Fans deserve it.....and no answer. They get their salaries and don't seem to care. We need to keep the pressure up if we are to get the result we want. Don't give up.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for  your reply, RacingGirl.  Your right about the qual delay but I record everything on my DVR,

I'm retired and like to sleep late.  I appreciate your input but maybe we need to give Fox a goose.

At any rate, we'll just keep beating on them.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have been a huge supporter of Fox Soccer channel on Comcast and the English Premier League. Now that the EPL is on NBCSPORTS the only thing I'm interested in now is both the Portland Soccer teams, the Timbers and Thorns. The Thorns playoff games are on Fox Sports 2 which Comcast does not carry. I would encourage Comcast to carry it..... Thanks!   

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

We are not happy with these changes either. Soccer is the sport that our family watches most frequently.  I was very upset that both of today's playoff games are on Fox Sports 2, which Comcast does not carry.  Seriously thinking of switching to another carrier.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

11 years ago

Just found fox sports 2 on comcast on demand, we shall see if it shows all sports events or not. I am using the new X1 system here in Fremont, Ca just for your info. It has the bein channels also so we shall see what it will show in a few days after te weekend. Me personally, I am into Motorsports, Baseball and NFL Football so I will report back in a few days to see if Comcast is recording sports events on these channel or not. Crossing my fingers for a delayed showing although I shouldn't have to with the monthly bill I get!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here