ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 12/10/18

All - thanks for your continued patience here. 

We do have plans to add Fox Sports 2 to additional areas this year.

On 12/19/17, I can confirm that we plan to add Fox Sports 2 to all most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden) 
Colorado

Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana 
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire 
New Mexico

Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area) 
Virginia 

Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information here as we get that confirmation.

This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

Marking this post as a solution temporarily so that all can locate this new information quickly.  

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17 above. 

Updated with additional locations below scheduled to be added in December 2018.  

Arkansas
Little Rock, Eastern Arkansas

Connecticut
Bristol, Hartford, Bolton, Berlin, Branford, Danbury, Hamden, Norwich, New London, Seymour, Shelton, Waterbury  

Delaware
New Castle County 

Florida 

Panama City, Marianna, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Yulee, Alachua County, Lake City, Live Oak, Palataka, Welaka, Celebration, Debary,  Lake County, Marion County, Whisper Lakes,  Orlando, Tampa, Cape Coral, Cape Haze, Ft. Myers, Marco Island, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Venice 

Georgia
Brunswick, St.  Marys, Hinesville,  Metter,  Savannah

Illinois

Algonquin, Elgin, Champaign, Danville, Indianola, Chicago, Dekalb, Rochelle,  Cicero, Elmhurst, Evanston, Morton Grove, Homewood, McHenry, Lake Zurich, Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Skokie, Dixon, Kewanee, Ladd, Mendota, Princeton, Rockford, Sterling, Rock Falls, Bloomingron, Normal, Galesburg, Macomb, Pekin,  Peoria, Romeoville, Lincoln, Springfield, Highland Park, Waukegan, Aurora, Oswego, Lisle, Wheaton      

Indiana

Cayuga, Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Griffith, South Bend, Leporte, Portage, Valparaiso, Hammond, Rochester, Warsaw, Franklin 

Kentucky

Franklin, Fort Campbell 

Maryland
Washington County 

Massachusetts
Springfield, Amherst, Warren, Westfield

Michigan

Benton Harbor, Niles, St. Joseph, Grand Rapids 

New Hampshire

Most all areas

New Jersey
Most all areas

New York
Carmel, Heritage Hills 

Ohio

St. Clairsville, Steubenville, Irondale, Columbiana, Mahoning County, Columbiana County, East Liverpool

Pennsylvania
Most all areas

Tennessee
Bulls Gap, Knoxille, Tri-Cities, Fairfield, Greenville, Oak Ridge, Memphis, Carthage, Harts, Lafayette, Franklin County, Nashville, Smithville 

Vermont
Most all areas

Virginia 

Galax, Glade Spring  

West Virginia
Weirton, Wheeling, Chester 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I want to know too!!  I lost my favorite channel, SPEED, and now I want both FOX  sports so we can watch some racing!!

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

11 years ago

Just scheduled Direct TV install, FS2 is available there along with quite a few other channels Comcast does not offer, and at a lower price.  Once its in, goodbye Comcast.  You had enough time to figure this out and dropped the ball yet again. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am beyond furious.  With the amount of money I pay, its ridiculous that FS2 is not on my programming.  Like a fool, I called customer service thinking they might know something but I would have been better off calling the post office and asking them. If Comcast does not get this resolved soon I will be spending my money elsewhere. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

" Like a fool, I called customer service thinking they might know something but I would have been better off calling the post office and asking them. "

I know how that went.....

"unplug the power from the back of your cable box for 3 minutes.  Then plug it back in, power it up and I'll send a test signal to it......... I see that your service is working fine.   Do you have the channel now?"

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

11 years ago

ROLEX Grand Am is being re-aired today on FS1.  Looks like somebody got the message.  Better than nothing I guess.  I verified this on the Comcast Infinity TV schedule.  It would be nice if they announced this somewhere.

RGA schedules at the links;

http://www.grand-am.com/ScheduleResults/Rolex.aspx

And yesterdays Continental race will be re-aired on 8/25, FS1, 3PM

http://www.grand-am.com/ScheduleResults/ContinentalTire.aspx

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

We should all call comcast and Fox Sports. Tell Fox Sports to go back to Speeds format and Comcast to Get Fox Sports 2. If the do not change switch to Direct Tv

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Fox sports 1 sucks and I guess I have to switch to Direct TV to get Fox Sports 2

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

Yep. Where is foxsports 2??

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

where is Fox sports 2 at in the lineup?

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

Comcast does not carry Fox Sports 2 yet.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

It does in certain markets. I'm in Minneapolis and have Fox Sports 2. The key is the market must be a former Time-Warner or Adelphia system Comcast acquired after the latter went bust and Comcast and the former divvied up its assets while trading markets in the process. For instance, Minneapolis and many of its immediate suburbs had Fuel TV via Time-Warner, kept it after the Comcast switch over, even as longer term Comcast parts of town didn't have it and never got it later, and now have Fox Sports 2 as a result.

That said, Fuel TV was and now Fox Sports 2 is in SD only. Come on Comcast, it's time to offer this channel in HD.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The Chicago area does not get Fox 2 or Mav TV. There is going to be lots of NASCAR stuff on both of these channels. When will we get them? My Direct TV has both in Wisconsin. Come on Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

11 years ago

Like most everything these days, it's all about $$$. Adding the channels would mean higher costs somewhere. Odds are, FS2 and/or MavTV would end up in S&E to replace Speed and Fox Soccer being moved to Starter (as FS1 and FXX.)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It's absurd that we don't receive Fox Sports 2. I pay $270/month in fees and they won't deliver a major channel to the line up that customers have been asking for by the thousands (just look at all the posts on this). AT&T U-Verse here I come. Enough is enough.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here