ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am upset about this too, they will rebroadcast it on Fox sports on 2 days later at noon. But hate that its after the fact. How much more of championship week will we miss? They should of left speed channel alone!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am looking for the channel for fox sports 2.  Do I have that available in my area?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Well tonight's live sprint cup awards show in Las Vegas is on Fox Sports 2 or course.  I think FS1 has a replay in the middle of the night.  I haven't missed watching the awards in more years than I can count. You give some of these drivers a microphone and seven-digit checks and in recent years the atmosphere of Las Vegas and a lot of fun ensues.  But I won't see any of it live since we still don't get FS2 in Pittsburgh.  Heck I'd be pleased if they simply added it to the standard definition channels in the sports pack like TVG, ESPN Classic, Pac 12, Fox College Sports A,C & P, BEIN and the ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater channels.  How difficult can that be?  And now I'm worried about the SEC Network next summer.  As a graduate of an SEC school now living in the north, that channel will be beyond crucial for me to receive.  Dragging their feat on FS2 definitely has me ticked off; but if they beat around the bush on SEC next August, forget about it, I'll be moving my tack to directv city.  And just for the record, I have to mention how we only get 1 or 2 NBA League Pass games in HD, if I'm lucky; while directv not only shows them all in HD but they offer both home and road feeds. I'm sure Comcast would simply pass along the blame to iNDemand for not offering HD on all games and choice of home or road broadcast.  It's only $189 early bird, like that's not enough dough to maximize coverage with every game in HD and both feeds.  It's starting to get into the realm of absurdity, particular because Comcast operates the regional sports networks for eight NBA teams by my count (PHL, BOS, WAS, CHI, HOU, PORT, GS, SAC).  It takes a very poorly-run enterprise to deny pay-per-view viewers' access to said enterprise's owned and operated channels.  It's like going into McDonalds, seeing big macs being made and packaged and then the cashier tells you that you can't get a big mac. Seriously, that's essentially what their doing in many of these cases.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

First of I am not happy that the speed channel was taken away because it carried  lots of racing and not just NASCAR. NASCAR is my favorite and now I might be able to catch something on NASCAR in between football and baseball games. Don't we have enough channels with football and baseball on them without adding even more football and baseball?

As janetrichards8 said I do pay a lot for Comcast here in Indiana and there are a lot of channels that I don't watch and I am sure there are a lot of people who don't watch the gem channel, the knife channel, the jewerly channel, etc, etc, etc!

I guess we who pay the most don't have any say in what channels we would like to have on our cable.

Good job Comcast, you keep those channels that no one watches because you are still getting paid so what do you care.

Not happy

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

If anyone want to join us in our chat room tonight come on over !    This group was formed in November 2012 after we learned that the NASCAR Community Chat was going away. We all wanted a way to stay in touch with one another, so we formed a Facebook group consisting of the members that gathered to chat for the races. We are looking for people that love to discuss NASCAR during the races and during the week! Once again, we hope you will make the choice to join us!     http://www.nascarchatbuddies.com/

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Ken!

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

Live Feed of the Banquet here> http://www.nascar.com/liveevents

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

the nascar is supposed to be broadcast over the internet too

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

what channel is it in eastern mass? I can't find it, and I have the top tier cable package

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

can watch this on FS1 at 1am est  or Sunday at noon est on FS1

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@jrobie79 wrote:
what channel is it in eastern mass? I can't find it, and I have the top tier cable package

I'm on Cape Cod and FS2 is on channel 177 - FS1 is on 841.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I have been waiting for fox sports 2 am I going to get it? I'm a huge UFC fan and am unable to see UFC programming that is only on fox sports 2. I realize that FOX sports 1 covers main events and the ultimate fighter. There is a lot of extra stuff I would like to see like pre fight weigh ins and post fight interviews that is only on fox sports 2 (FUELTV). I'm pretty sure most all other cable providers carry it, in fact I think comcast carries it in other parts of the country. My building is wired for FiOS and they carry fox sports 1 and fox sports 2, do I have to switch to get it. I've checked tos see if i could get it by any other means by streaming it via a media player but was unable to find it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. 

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your feedback.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

so explain to me how there is a "customer interest" for G4 and LOGOtv in Tallahassee, FL.  lived here my whole life and just dont see it.  but I do see a "customer interest" in adding FS2, please no more political correctness and just gives us the facts we are adults, we can handle the news with out lube.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

get rid of 5 or 6 of the NFL channels and you will have a place to put FS2!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here