ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks bogo19. I just put the app on my IPad.

Problem Solver

• 

375 Messages

10 years ago

@bodgo19 wrote:
I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.

I have to believe Xfinity is in the process of adding Fox Sports 2 HD to the regular tv sports package. There's too much live UFC and Big East basketball for them not to. Xfinity is a big time cable provider. They need to hurry up and add FS2 before the college season is over.

Thanks for that, very cool!  You can also watch from the web at http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/.  I wish we could add apps like this to the X1 box; maybe that's coming in the future.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.

I have to believe Xfinity is in the process of adding Fox Sports 2 HD to the regular tv sports package. There's too much live UFC and Big East basketball for them not to. Xfinity is a big time cable provider. They need to hurry up and add FS2 before the college season is over.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Just tried the website, it works!!! Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Add me to the list looking for Fox Sports 2 and if comcast can't deliver I'll take my 300.00 plus, cable bill per month and move on!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Channell 111 in Houston

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Awesome!!

Thanks for the link

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The reason is compact is ALL BOUGHT MONEY. I been with compact for just over a year and problems since day one of start device. I got to call each month to git bill fixed and their prices are high to high for what u get per six months stupid guide packages. No mouth to month plans to pay monthly like i did at time warner cable. If your smart go to directtv or another provider. As a field tech for a cable company for 8 years its clear as a bell this company is sorry out for money and not a customer base, poor customer serviceand they got no clue what they are doing. Pretty disrespectful this company runs this way. Having no fs2 aunt no surprise to me but get ready to pay for it. If your smart to to a cheaper provider and get more for less, comcact standards pay more get less......... glad i moving to time warner area next year as I'll never go back to contact again once i move next year. Go trying to get fs2 without paying for it... lmfao....

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

they took it away! it does not work anymore...

I thought they were finally providing it

come on at least streaming, then beinsport play!

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, same here. Fox Sports 2 has now vanished from my iPad app too! 

When you try to access it, you get a:

"This network is not included in your current televsion subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe"

Uh, hey!  I'd love to!!!  But COMCAST doesn't offer FSN2!!!!

Sheesh, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing......

Mike

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

I just feel helpless.  More like a beggar, even if we all pay our bills to get some sport.  I mean is it really that expensive for them to get us: Foxsports 2 in streaming and beinsports play?

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

Worked for me all weekend, then stopped. A bunch of Alpha-Hotels.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am a new female TV viewer on car shows which I thought were boring until I happened to watch the 2 shows PINKS ALL OUT and PASSTIME on the speed channel.  I absolutely became hooked on those 2 shows-my husband was suprized  I became so addicted to watching them.  Well......needless to say that was the shortest run of addiction I've ever had,  because they took the speed channel off the Comcast line up,   as a result it threw me straight into pinks/pass withdrawal!  I was so furious!  I didn't have any idea how to complain or who to talk too about this....after getting no results or info from comcast's customer service dept.  I was on this website to pay my bill  and came across this forum site and decided to check it out.  I've never done this before-sending messages but just had to because I became such a devoted fan to the speed channel.  So, after reading a lot of these forum messages and learning more about this issue I decided to join in with you all.  Why aren/t we notified when losing TV programs and channels anyway?  Well anyhow I apologise if I posted incorrectly and /or wrote too much!  I'm a good learner though and will gladly accept positive feedback!

Problem Solver

• 

375 Messages

10 years ago

Welcome to the forums; your post looks great to me.  Just remember that this is a place where Comcast customers come to rant about their service or get help with problems, mostly from other customers but sometimes from Comcast people.  There's not a lot of "socializing", but feel free to say anything you want.

Almost any time a channel change occurs, there is usually an announcement made in advance printed in your bill.  It's not always obvious, but it is there.  I rarely actually read the bill unless the amount changes, so I'm also "caught" when channels more around or get cancelled.  The Speed Channel itself was shut down earlier this year by Fox (not Comcast) and there's lots of discussion about that in several different forums here.

Regarding "Pinks All Out":  I don't think that show is produced any more.  But all the episodes are available to watch "Online" from the xfinity web site or from Hulu.com. In other words, you can watch them all on you computer, but not on your TV (at least not directly).  See if this link works for you:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Pinks%3A-All-Out/4806025396499337112/full-episodes#episode=7125142067825688112.

Good luck, and happy surfing!

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

As some of you already know, my Daughter works for Comcast in a managerial position. I had her reach out to a friend of hers that is in a "postion of knowledge" about this subject. The official company line "at this time" is that there are no immediate nor future plans of adding FS2 to the line up! Subject to change ONLY with customer feedback! They site costs vs customer base & feel that FS2 fees are to high (seems they charge per subscriber). There also appears to be some strong feelings from programming that they (Comcast) will not be subject to another power play like ESPN did.  So, all things being equal, we maybe should start researching another source for FS2! Comcast has no special place in my house, as there no discounts for family members and we pay full retail for everything. Verizon is available to me, just not Fios!!!  I'm giving thought to taking my Comcast video to "basic", keep the VOIP & Internet and have Dish for everything else.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here