ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Went thru all that....adding the premiere bundle xf to our account only to find out the ONE channel I wanted FS2 is NOT available in our area.  I was TOLD by customer service rep that it was part of that package... when signals were sent out to update, that was the only channel that did not work.  Called back same day and was told it was not a channel that was offered in our viewing area.

Since then our account has been so messed up I don't know if it will EVER get back to what it was originally.

FRUSTRATED....is being extremely kind!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Logged on to Comcast today to ask again about FS2...here's the response I got....SAME BLAME GAME!!!

COMCAST:On August 17 2013, FUEL TV will be renamed FOX Sports 2. Fox Networks made the decision to capitalize on the FOX Sports brand and coincide with the launch of FOX Sports 1.

cOMCAST: FOX Sports 2 will continue as the network that features UFC, motocross and soccer while expanding its programming to cover other top sports. It will be an extension of FOX Sports 1.

COMCAST: You will see FUEL TV renamed FOX Sports 2.

ME: so....are you telling me that it is or is not available in my area?  I've seen and read all that promo before the launch dates went into effect.

COMCAST: I am still checking on it more further.

COMCAST: Thank you for patiently waiting.

COMCAST: I do apologize, I have double checked here on my end, as of the moment, Fox sports 2 is not yet available and I would love to provide you the exact date whe it will be available but we do't have that information since comcast is just a provider the network is the one providing the channels. No need to worry, comcast will surely update you about this certain channel.

COMCAST: I made sure everything is documented here on my end.

COMCAST: I have take note here on the account, once there will be an update you will be definitely notified.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

There is no doubt in my mind that the customer service people at comcast have absolutely no idea what goes on in their company.I will not play their run-around game anymore and if by some stroke of fate we get FS2 it will be in spite of comcast rather then due to them doing anything for us.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It is so frustrating to realize that for all the money we pay Comcast each month, especially to be able to get the Sports Entertainment package, that the programs we would actually like to watch are NOT carried.  It certainly seems like Fox Sports 2 (and Fox Sports Plus) would be welcomed by the Comcast audience.  We have missed a number of sports events already this year because they are shown on channels that Comcast does NOT carry.  Time to shop for a new provider?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

FOX always owned SPEED, since the time it changed from old "Speed Channel" to SPEED, just as an FYI, much like they own 49% of the Big 10 Network. I think its the East Coasters like myself that are getting hosed on this issue most, because as I stated in former post my Comcast when I lived in Chicago and my parents in Cinnci Ohio have FS2 and Axis and MAVTV (if I never got MAV I wouldn't care, open wheel racing terrible). But then my parents don't get PAC-12, BEIN Sports, BBC America, or Comcast Sports? Its totally regionlized on how and what channels you get

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Fox Sports 2 is only available in 4 markets in US. It is beyond comprehension why they can't let the rest of us watch it. They give no valid reason.
I am going to continue to send them daily emails until I can get the answer we want to hear. Every time it's a different excuse

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Seems NASCAR is showing some of it's qualifying on Fox Sports 2 (cup last week at Talladega and truck qualifying today at Martinsville). I understand that all the truck races are going to be carried on Fox in 2014 so with Comcast not carrying Fox Sports 2 we may miss a lot of truck qualifying and maybe some races next year. Already missed 2 events in the past week!!!!!!

What do we need to do to get Comcast to carry Fox Sports 2????????????? Can't find an email address to contact them so...........................

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Having Fox Sports 1 on the line up and not Fox Sports 2, is like having the football game on Fox Sports 1 and then at half time switching to Fox Sports 2 for the second half. Comcast get with it your customers are screaming that we want Fox Sports 2 on the regular line up so we as NASCAR fans can watch all of the coverage of Nascar. Make it on the same package as Fox Sports 1.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

You can get ahold of Tom Karinshak via email at:Comcast ECARE

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Just got off the phone with William Ward, the regional manager for Comcast, who has been in touch with our area's (Northwest) marketing department.  The short answer is no, there is going to be no FOX SPORTS 2 anytime in the near future.  I spent half an hour on the phone, using every argument for providing FS2 that has been on this forum, as well as just plain logic.

What it all boils down to is numbers.  If there were enough people clammering for FS2, they would do something, but, apparently, there isn't, at least in my area (Seattle).  The reason FOX got rid of SPEED is because ratings were so low.  One could blame that on the crappy programming they fed us in between broadcasting the racing we liked to watch, but nevertheless, they would not have disrupted our race viewing if numbers were against it. 

The whole problem is that there are a lot more stick and ball fans than there are racing fans.  That's the reality.  So, what can be done?

If you want to see FS2 on COMCAST, you have to call customer service.  Don't post your request here, as it goes no further.  The ONLY thing that is going to get Comcast to add FS2 to their line up is enough requests, period.

I also got an email from Tom K.'s office.  Here is the whole thing:

Dear Mr.Olsen, 

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Gerald. I am sincerely sorry for the frustration you have experienced with not being able to watch Fox Sports2. I assure you I will do everything I can to resolve all your issues. 

I have escalated your concerns to our local support team, which is a specialty team dedicated to assisting customers that have requested additional channels. Your ticket confirmation number is ER 018784798.  

Mr. Olsen, we appreciate your business here at Comcast and thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve these issues.

Sincerely,

Gerald B.

Office of Tom Karinshak

In other words, nonthing, but if enough people bug them, not us on the forums, them about it, we may see a change in policy.  Complaints to the FCC don't work either.  They give the complaint to William Ward, who looks into the situation, just like he did for me, and then tells the FCC that Comcast doesn't provide FS2.  Then the matter is closed as far as the FCC is concerned.  They don't care, as long as the seven deadly words aren't repeated on broadcast TV. (RIP George Carlin).

So there you have it.  If you want to see FOX SPORTS 2 in your area, YOU have to call Comcast, or email Comcast ecare, and get them to "escalate" the matter to marketing.  Call William Ward.  He assured me that any calls he gets will go to marketing for your area.  His phone number is 888-966-7794, ext. # 3045010.  Don't let him BS you about how Fox won't let Comcast show FS2.  He'll try that tack.  Tell him what you know already.  Read all the entries in this forum if you need to know more.

It sux, I know, but that's what the real world is like for us race fans.  At least NBCsports is picking up some slack.  Good shows on Velocity too, as well as the perenial favorite, TOP GEAR on BBCA.

That's it.  No more from me.  Have your friends call.  Just do what it takes, I will.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks jmarkdartj for the information though it is not what I wanted to hear. Did you tell him that Comcast was going to be losing customers or does he not care? Too bad Fox doesn't start airing the stick and ball sports on fox sports 2.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

I don't mind sending them emails to express what I think and to request that FS2 be added. They'll have my first on Monday morning!!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Fox changed the content. you weren't receiving Fuel to begin with, so Fox rebranding the channel and moving content around has no impact on your wallet at all. the easiest thing to do is:

1. go to the FS2 website and submit a request to add the channel in your area.

2. call the billing department and ask a representative to put in an ER ticket for adding a channel to your line up.

there are specific ways in which these things are tracked, specifically by region. if your bill went up $5 because FS2 was added, then there would be legitimate concern. Fox moved things around though, in a bid to outclass ESPN, and so far the coverage is pretty bad. until people go through the proper channels and there is an influx of valid requests, there isn't much that will change.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

@ NW race fan, yes I did; but once a gain, the numbers don't add up for them, so if they lose a few customers, it's not going to ruin their day, despite what they say to us.  I told him I was ready to get rid of TV altogether, and while he sympathized, he didn't beg me to reconsider.  Maybe going onto twitter to get the word out there, but all that will do will bring out the trolls who don't like racing.  If you take that route, be prepared for a lot of abuse.  What I'm really sorry about is missing the sports car racing.  As for NASCAR, I watch that when there is no other racing on.  Face it, it's become the WWF only with cars, and I find it less engaging when I can't watch quali and the practices.  I only started to watch it when Montoya came over from F-1, and was curious to see how he'd do.

But it's the principle of the thing.  It just bugs me that I'm still paying the same and getting less of what I want to watch.

@ duffey3700, That's what it's going to take.  Call them too.  I bugged them enought that they said because of their customer gaurantee, I'll get a big credit on my next bill.  In addition, bug them about FXX being part of the "Sports" package.  I'm getting a five dollar credit a month for the next six months just for that, but you gotta keep bugging them.  It's not much, and doesn't take away the frustration, but it's something.  Keep up the good fight everyone.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

I emailed Tom Karinshak and received a similar message within an hour:

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Tia. I am glad that you have reached out to us for this channel inquiry. I assure you I will address you programming concerns today.

At this time Comcast does not have an anticipated date to add Fox Sports 2 in the Richmond, VA viewing area. I have created a formal channel request on your behalf. This request is confirmed by ticket number ER 018795119. This request will be tracked with other customers in your viewing area. This request will not result in the immediate addition of Fox Sports 2 to your channel lineup; however, we will continue to track this data to determine the demand for this channel in your viewing area.

We truly value your business here at Comcast and thank you for contacting us  with your feedback.

Sincerely,

Tia W.

Office of Tom Karinshak

Seems like it's a copy and paste response

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here