ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I agree, however the retirement community I live won't allow any satallites. So we are locked into comcast. I did have Direct tv prior to moving and it wasn't all that great either-everytime there was a cloud cover or a storm we would lose are tv. We just have to keep after Comcast and hopefully they won't charge extra for "2"

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too am a Nascar fan and i follow alot of the motorsports. I use to have this on my Speed channel and now we don't have it. If comcast won't give us fox sports 2 then they should not be charging us for a full sports package. All the other providers have Fox sports 2. I think we should all stand together and take our comcast box in and go and do business with Direct TV or Dish. Everybody that I know who has direct tv already has Fox 2. I feel that comcast is going to have alot of lawsuits against them.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

I'm in the same boat.  What I don't understand is why they keep FXX (formerly FOX SOCCER) which just shows re-runs all day of the same show I didn't care to watch when it came around the first time.  It doesn't take a PhD to figure out that FXX is NOT a sports channel, yet it is still part of the "Preferred Sports Package".  If Comcast is so hard up for channel space (the excuse they use for not offering FS2), why not get rid of it and slot in FOX Sports 2?  We are in effect paying the same for much less service.  A rip off.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Not available in Seattle either. Missing 95% of the UFC content on TV and no response on the possibility of it becoming available. Thanks Comcast. Looks like I'll have to switch to Direct TV. 

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Its all just a big middle finger to every comcast customer who actually wants to watch a particular program and not just what they lard the channel lineup with stuff nobody cares about.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

During my daily complaint to Comcast for not carrying FOX SPORTS 2, I also mentioned that it was stupid that they now include FXX in their "Preferred Sports Package", since it just shows re runs of shows I never cared to watch the first time around.  Why not slot FX2 into that channel if they are so hard up for channel space.  They "escalated" the complaint, and somebody from a call center in India gave me a call.  I told him what my problem was, and he gave me a $5.00 discount to my bill (the Preferred Sports Package cost $9.95 where I live) for six months.  Hopefully they will have it sorted by then.  Until then, I'm still complaining at least once a day (I've become a bit obsessive compulsive about this issue, and have too much time on my hands) LOL.  Call 'em up and complain about FXX.  IF they have to give too many $30.00 credits, it may get some action on their part.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Ofcourse I agree with markdartj about FXX, however I was pleased to see that they are running

the series "Sports Night".  It's an early series by Aaron Sorkin (Westwing and Newsroom).

You might want to check it out.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Had to call Comcast twice and talk with two customer service? people about strange charges on my current bill. Watch your bills line by line. Neither could tell me what the random charge was for. I did get it taken off finally. Also, about the Sports Package with No FS2, after much discussion...I got a whopping ONE time credit of $3.00. I asked the second person to put in another escalated ticket request in for FS2 and he was non committal and I doubt he did. I am still over charged on this bundle that each person cannot tell me specifics for. Anyway, still was told FS2 not available for your area and had no further information. When mentioned all the junk channels no one wants....oh, was told...we'll someone watches them! FYI >>>> I will not give up.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

RacingGirl - have you gotten anything back from the 

"fanfeedback@nascar.com address other than the computer generated message thanking you for your concerns? I've been sending them emails too to no avail. I can't believe we are starting The Chase with no FS2 coverage. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

No responses as mentioned in generated email and just as Comcast has mastered the art of stalling ..... It seems same with NASCAR..Com. If us, the fans were not here they could not continue to exist. Yet, we are treated badly as if we are invisible.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

DirecTV carries Fox Sports 2....I may be switching soon!!

Contributor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

Here's another vote for Fox Sports2 from a sports pack subscriber. Please, Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

well Comcast..maybe it is now time to find a replacemant for you...we are older people my husband is retired t.v is what he likes and foxsports2 was one of the things he liked. NOW I find out you took it off..okay its your ball your rules...you remove channels we like, your customer service is a joke and the price is going up...REALLY!!!!!! rethink this please....Susan Donalds. 😞

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Nope, Comcast does not care in fact they want FS2 (Fuel) to die because Fox is over charging for it.  I"ll give them a month or two to sort out the demand for FS2 and if they do not add it to the normal sports package with Velocity, NBC sports, etc.. then i'm just leaving.  Directv has everything we want i just dont want to pay the extra $ for an internet connection seperate from my content feed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

why is Comcast not carrying Fox Sports 2?  Because Speed was replaced with Fox Sports 1, who has transferred most of Nascar actions to Fox Sports 2, i am now missing a lot of my Nascar events such as practices, Race Day, Victory Lane - it is very frustrating!!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here