davemass's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2024 12:22 PM

New modem - Same upload speeds

I got notice from Xfinity my modem wasn't allowing for the best speeds available in my area. So I purchased a new modem, one on the Xfinity recommended list , the Hitron CODA Docsis 3.1 modem.  Even with the new modem, upload speeds are topping out at 50 Mb. I thought up to 200 Mb was available now.

Any suggestions on getting to the 200 Mb speed? 

16 Messages

2 months ago

You'll only be able to get that if 1) it's been rolled out, for your city/town and 2) if that particular modem is on the 'improved' speed listing, which is separate from the compatible and approved list, that folks typically talk about. My current modem can go higher than the 40+mbps that I see on speedtest results, but the only city, currently, in my state that has the faster upload speeds, is Indianapolis.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 months ago

... upload speeds are topping out at 50 Mb. ...

There are additional requirements for higher upload speeds besides having an approved device, see https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/ and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/upgraded-areas-leased-equipment-required-for-upload-speeds.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @davemass  we will continue to assist you in Private messaging. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future, we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.” 

1 Message

13 days ago

Hi there, I have a similar issue. Chatted with 5 agents on 4/19 and asked if the higher upload speed of 100 Mbit/s speed would be possible at my address. Was on Superfast. Got this confirmed. Got the new CODA 56 modem as well. Changed the plan to Gigabit. Nothing happened. Then chatted again and was told a technician needed to do some outside work first on the street and that would be done 4/29, and I would get a note. Nothing happened. Now the bills says Gigabit, the account app says ultrafast, and the upload speed is still 20-ish instead of 100 Mbps. Tried chat support again twice, and with all due respect, that is pretty useless. How can I get help to either get this fixed or a final answer and then revert the account back to where it was 4/18 if not possible, because this is just too much hassle to deal with.
Do I need to go to a store? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, user_xf6btv! Thanks for reaching out about the enhanced upload speeds. We would be happy to check on this further for you. If your address has been upgraded already, we can get them working for you. One way to find out if the upgrade has been done is to sign in at our Plan Builder and see if Gigabit X2 speed is available. That is an enhanced speed exclusive so will not show if your address has not been upgraded. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

5 days ago

Check your modem connection stats. The OFDM download channel (Ch 193) should be at 957 MHz. If it is at a lower frequency, than they haven't enabled 'mid-split' yet in your neighborhood.

If you have the patience, read through this post on DSLReports:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33746291-Equip-Mid-Split-Enabled-Device-List-Has-Been-Updated-04-08-24

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here