ronnie83l's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 4:56 PM

Arriss s33 and sb8200

I have both modems, my signal is good it has been checked.  I'm supposed to be getting 100 upload speed. I get 23.56- 23.97, and it is very consistent.   I only have 4 upload channels for some reason.   I've tried both modems, and I get the same results....I feel like xfinity has never paying for something they can't provide in my areA

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

11 days ago

Arriss s33 and sb8200

Neither of those devices are approved for the new higher upload speeds. See:

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Approved" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "approved/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not necessarily approved for the new upload speeds.

You need one of Comcast's newer rental gateways (XB6, XB7, XB8) or one of the few retail devices shown in the "Next Gen Speed Tier" group with an upload speed rating in the "All Compatible Devices" PDF.  Also see the Reddit link, which lists the approved devices as well as other requirements for faster upload speeds. Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 days ago

Hi there @ronnie83l!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your connectivity concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having a top tier expereince with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get the particularts and get started.

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here