U

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 2:41 PM

Xfinity app stream keeps freezing

It is apparent that a number of people are experiencing the same issue that I have been having with the Xfinity Stream app freezing. It is connected to my Roku, and for the longest time I couldn’t determine if the problem was on the Roku side or the Xfinity side either way, neither side is taking accountability for the problem that countless number of people are having. I have had this problem now for months I have paid to have my lines checked through Xfinity for them to tell me there’s nothing wrong then Roku couldn’t find an issue either , so their way of trying to resolve. The issue is by sending me a new Roku stick I installed, and I’m still having the same issues. I pay close to $300 for Xfinity monthly, and I can’t even watch TV without having to go through countless number of hours trying to troubleshoot, calling Xfinity and Roku technical support to have them instruct me to do the same trouble shooting steps over and over again just for them to tell they have found nothing wrong , the removal and reinstalling , the number of factory resets I have had to do just to sign back in to every single app on my Roku, or try to get past the frozen screen to be able to do anything. it is apparent the there is something wrong with the streaming app or the connection to the streaming app and yet neither Xfinity or Roku will even look at their software to try to fix the issue. I am beyond disappointed with both companies, and now looking towards other means to watch cable because the amount of frustration that I have experience for months now it’s just too much.  

Official Employee

• 

663 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there @user_1ajw0o ! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum. We do not have any widespread issues logged with the XFINITY Stream app on Roku currently, but I would be happy to see what we may be able to do to assist. Could you let me know the model of your Roku device?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Have had same problems with this app for months and months.  Show comes on - plays for a minute - starts buffering or freezing - comes back on and does same thing.    Most people say it never works.  I want to add every other app on my roku works perfect. 

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

Hello, @ghostdame thank you for taking the timeout of your day to reply to this post. If you haven't tried these steps, this has been helpful for my Roku device at times when I experience issues with the Xfinity Stream App. 

- Logging in and out of the Xfinity App

- If issues still persist, I will delete the Xfinity App, clear the cache/history on my Roku device (a quick Google search will have the easy walk through steps to clear Roku cache), then reinstalling the App

- If you have any audio syncing or volume fluxuation, here is a great article that has some steps to help: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/roku-sound-issues

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

We just had Xfinity installed yesterday.  Using a smart tv - lg and this is happening too. It’s very annoying. Closed out and came back in and still buffering/pausing.  How do we fix this?

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

@user_0323 How is your LG smart TV connected to your network? Are you able to connect the TV with an ethernet cable for a more stable connection? Is the TV having similar issues with other apps?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

We changed to use the actual Xfinity box and remote.  No more problems.  The streaming service is not for us.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_0323, Ah okay. I agree that the streaming service may not be for everyone. Just to confirm, did you switch over to our regular video service? If so, how is your current level of channels working for you?

1 Message

13 days ago

This happens to me at least once a week. While watching a show from

my dvr on the app, it freezes the picture. The sound keeps playing. It is so frustrating . 

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

@user_y5y66u​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I would definitely like to help with the Xfinity App freezing picture and had a couple of questions that will be helpful while troubleshooting. 

- Is the freezing only happening when accessing the Xfinity Stream App on a Roku device? 

- Have you attempted to stream directly from the website: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, not the Xfinity Stream App to see if the same freezing issues occurs? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here