tomsto51's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 9th, 2024 8:29 PM

Stream app needs to be fixed!!

It is not a television issue which are new, smart and LG’s. Our router is new and more than adequate.  

The app is SLOW.  When I finally get to a channel if I go back to previous channel, THREE DOTS just keep spinning.  TV has to be turned off and on to watch.  This occurs on BOTH smart televisions.  

There is NO PROBLEM with any other apps.  

Xfinity Stream shouldn’t have rolled out until it was ready.  The longer we have it the glitches get worse.  

We don’t want to use boxes again and pay more money.  Since ALL other streaming apps work fine, what is Xfinity doing to correct it?  Calling CS doesn’t help at all.  

Shouldn’t be this difficult to watch television.  Please advise!! 

Official Employee

• 

647 Messages

2 months ago

@tomsto51

Hi there! As someone that is a huge fan of our streaming services, I hate to hear you are not having the amazing experience we expect with our services. There are a number of things that can be the culprit to the delay in your streaming, are you experiencing this same issue on multiple devices? Have you attempted to watch while hardwired to your modem? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

it works when there's cable box connected but the Xfinity app isn't working on streaming devices ANYWHERE! It's too expensive for this to be happening for several days now.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @prlady51. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue with our Xfinity Stream App. What kind of streaming device are you using to access the Xfinity Stream App? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try uninstalling and re-installing the Xfinity Stream App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinitySheila​  The streaming app is not good!!  

All month Xfinity goes in and out on both LG TVS. When able to get a channel if you change channels and go back it BUFFERS only.  Turning TV on and off constantly is annoying. Losing internet several times a day is annoying. 

CS not helpful. Yes we rebooted.  Yes we checked everything.  Random speed tests show we are not getting MPBS we pay for each month!!  

Our modem and speed are good. NO OTHER apps buffer forever or have trouble loading.  

HELP!!!!  

One TV is hardwired to modern and other uses WIFI …….. BOTH TVS have issues using XFINITY STREAM. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

A great place to start is by troubleshooting your internet connection especially since you mentioned losing internet and the speed tests. You can do so here with our How to Troubleshoot Your Xfinity Internet Connection

You can also learn more and view the minimum system requirements for the Xfinit Stream app here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Hi, @XfinityEva ,

I think I know what they are talking about here. It is not an Internet connection or speed issue, but a Xfinity Stream for LG TV issue.

I have 2 LG TVs and have used the Stream app on both for several years. There are issues that come and go. Seems as some are fixed, others pop up. About 2 months ago or so I noticed that once I had selected a channel to watch, if I wanted to change channels I could not. Sometimes it does allow you to change channels once or twice, but the majority of the time you can only select the one channel after you start the app and then when you try to change the problem pops up.

Details:

- you start the app, select a channel to watch, no problem

- you decide to change channels,

- you go back to the guide (which sometimes doesn't work either & it goes back to main menu instead)

- you select a new channel in the guide to watch

- all you get is the 3 cycling dots on the screen - it never tunes in the channel!

- also when this happens, it also does not display the network name above the 3 dots, it ONLY displays the 3 dots

- also when this happens, it NEVER tunes in another channel, you MUST exit the Stream app and start it again!

- So, EVERY time you want to change channels you must exit the app and start it again - VERY annoying and a waste of time!

- Also, all other apps on the TVs still work just fine (Max, Prime Video, Peacock, BritBox, etc..

I didn't feel like spending more time on the issue then and don't really now. But, I just checked and it is still happening on my TVs.

On one TV I have the Xfinity X1 DVR box and can use that to watch TV. On the 2nd I just put my Fire TV Stick 4k back on it and I use it there. The Stream app for Fire TV does not have this issue. Both the Fire TV Stick 4k and the LG TV itself use W-Fi for streaming. The Stream app for Fire TV has no such issue, but the Stream app for LG TVs does, on the same TV.

One of my LG TVs is larger than the other and has more memory in it, but this "change channel" issue occurs on both, and it started at the same time on both. Both are fully updated as for TV firmware/software and for app software (what we can install anyway).

I also have the 1.2Gb Internet service and know it's NOT a speed issue. Plus, as I mentioned, I have been using the Stream app on both TVs since about October 2020 and this is a NEW issue that only started about 2-3 months ago (I didn't mark down the exact time it started).

But, in my case I just use the X1 box on the one TV (or if I use the app I just go through the process of exiting and restarting the app) and on the 2nd TV I am just using the Fire TV Stick 4k and the Stream app for it.

Hope this gives some insight as to what the user might be referring to.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 days ago

Spent 4+ days attempting to get a truthful answer regarding the fact Xfinity Stream is the issue.  

D- for customer service.  Over an hour on phone jumping thru same hoops.  I was given incorrect information while rep was ‘fixing it’.  The solutions are ‘pay more money and get a different package’ ……… NO. Why should I when I own two LG smart TVs with blazing speed for all but XFINITY STREAM app. The other apps have NO issues with loading, buffering, etc…

I am tired of answering the same questions and getting responses that aren’t helpful. 

Xfinity wants us to spend more money but can’t or won’t address ongoing issues of the app.  

As a DECADES long Comcast/Xfinity customer I deserve better.  I asked for credit for all the days neither TV was able to use XS. No response.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here