U

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 10:16 PM

Samsung Smart TV Unable to Open Xfinity Stream App

Hello,

I purchased a Samsung smart tv 1 week ago, model QN65Q60DAFXZA. I have cable through Xfinity and the Xfinity streaming app works on other devices but does not work on the tv. When I connect the tv through the QR code or website, no channels will show once it opens and I’ll receive an error code. When exiting and reopening, the app will not open and stays stuck on the screen with 3 dots. I’ve tried most of the common solutions I saw in the forums (deleting the app multiple times and redownloaded it to the TV, I’ve confirmed that my TV is up to date on software, I’ve confirmed that there is no storage space issue etc.). Samsung customer support said they could not do anything and this is a known issue acknowledged by Xfinity. I do not want to have to purchase an external device or always have to cast TV off of a mobile device onto the tv. Does Xfinity have a solution for this issue?

5 Messages

10 days ago

I tested it on my LG tv and I'm getting the same error (TVAPP-00500) as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_yi2932, understood, thank you for trying those other devices and letting me know what you're seeing on your end. I'd like to run through some additional troubleshooting steps with you, but we'll first need to find your account. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 days ago

Hello user_yi2932, thanks for checking out our Forum for support and for taking the time to create a post. I use the Stream app on my Samsung TV too, it's such a great way to save money on equipment fees. Are you able to test if any other devices are receiving that same error message? Or can you test if the Stream website gives you the same error? 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ my other tv, an lg tv, gives the same error message when I try to open the Xfinity stream on it as well. I am able to open and use the app on my iPhone and iPad.

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ I just tested my computer and I am getting the same error message on my desktop as well. So only my phone and ipad can open the app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 days ago

user_yi2932 We want to thank you for reaching out on our Xfinity Forum for support with your concern today. We are glad we were able to resolve your issue by getting your username unlinked from your previous address! Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here