Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2024 8:58 PM

Xfinity Stream / Closed Captions – Known Issue

**UPDATE 02/14/2024**

The issue affecting some customers' Xfinity Stream service where Closed Captioning is defaulting to "on" has been resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know on this thread. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

**ORIGINAL MESSAGE**

We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity Stream service, where Closed Captioning is defaulting to “on” when the app is launched. We’re working to resolve the issue and are planning to implement a permanent fix in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can take the following steps to turn off Closed Captioning.

1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app.
  2. Tune to and begin playing a program.
  3. Press the up-arrow button on your TV remote.
  4. Navigate to the “CC” icon, located at the bottom right of the screen.
  5. Press “Enter”, “OK” or the center button on your TV remote.

Please note that these steps will keep Closed Captioning off only until the app is closed / relaunched. You will need to take these same steps when you launch the app again. In addition, it is possible that these steps may not work in every case. You can also check out this article on Closed Captioning for additional information.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Closed captioning defaulting [Edited: "Language"],,….

but

not near as bad as the app streaming on my LG constantly hiccuping and disconnecting all day every day. Is it the app? Is it the [Edited: "Language"] LG TV? Is it both? 
I know my phone and my Samsung ad my Rokus do not have the same problem.

so frustrating, I will never buy an LG product ever again.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good evening @Droffis, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with the stream app on your LG TV. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot further. Are you experiencing any error codes or messages? May I also ask if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

I stream Xfinity with fire stick. The voices are off and subtitles are not showing.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The Xfinity Stream app on Fire TV devices lets Xfinity customers enjoy content available with their Xfinity subscription from their Amazon Fire TV device in or out of the home, @user_b02kje. Let's work together towards a fix, so you can enjoy your shows! Have you tried uninstalling the Xfinity Stream app for your device, and installing it once more?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

16 days ago

My firetv still defaults to captions on

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good evening @user_3540f8, we're sorry to hear that your FireTV is still defaulting to captions on. Are you able to turn closed captions off by following the instructions listed above? May I also ask if you have tried any additional troubleshooting steps? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here