R

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 12:01 PM

DVR over app is [Edited] as all get out

Why is your DVR service so [Edited: "Language"] on the app but work fine on my TV?   My iphone 14 pro max is connected to my Xfinity Wi-Fi and halfway through a show the video freezes. The audio keeps playing.  if I skip forward its just audio only, but if I rewind back, it’ll start working until it freezes again the same spot. why is it [Edited: "Language"] is the app?  It’s frustrating because of how expensive it is for Xfinity to get this poor level of service.

I come here to report it and selecting the DVR tag causes the page to crash.  Good grief.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 days ago

Rebel_Yell Hello, and thanks for letting us know of the issue you are having streaming recordings through the app. This certainly isn't what we expect, and would like to help in any way we can. Is the app on the latest version on the device you are using? Does it happen the same on all devices you use the stream app on? Is it only specific recordings it happens or all recordings do it at some point?

2 Messages

It only happens when I watch WWE on USA and FOX and I set it to DVR the recording.  It does not happen all the time but happens consistently enough to make me regret coming back to Xfinity.  App is up to date.  Since the DVR isnt a real downloaded local experience and is just a streaming service its not my phone or app.  Its the level of quality or the lack there of on Xfinitys part

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Rebel_Yell feel free to send us a direct message so we can help. We can take a closer look at your DVR service and the app. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

21 hours ago

This has been happening quite frequently for me as well. I believe it is because the DVR function is no longer using a local drive in the cable box. It’s actually being done on xfinity’s servers. Xfinity is not fixing the problem, nor are they acknowledging their systemic issues. They know by the volume of regular complaints that this is an issue with their systems, yet they tell their reps to treat each complaint as an issue with the customer’s connection in the house.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here