T

Monday, March 4th, 2024 3:57 AM

Audio and Video out of Sync

Specifically with my recordings, when on an Amazon FireStick, in the middle of my recording the stream will stutter and audio and video will no longer be in sync. 

I have tried restarting the recording, signing out of the app, and even uninstalling /reinstalling. Nothing has worked. I usually have to end up watching my recording on my phone which diminishes my experience. 

I hope something is being done to ensure this stops happening in the future and if there is a temporary fix please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this issue @tborow90! It helps to know the recordings are not having this issue on other devices.

Have you noticed if this happens on all recordings or only certain recordings on the Amazon Firestick?

5 Messages

I usually only record News segments and WWE wrestling to watch when convenient for me, it happens on both. It has started to occur more frequently, which is why I decided to post. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for clarifying that @tborow90! Have you noticed if this issue happens with On Demand programs and/or live TV too?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ No I have not, I only notice it happen on my recordings. 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Thank you for that information, @tborow90! It does sound odd that the recordings are only having the issues on the Firestick. Have you attempted to clear the cache and data for the app itself?

Go to Settings on your Firestick.
Select Applications.
In Manage Installed Applications, select the app you are having trouble with.
Select Clear Cache, and then Clear Data.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​  I have this issue too. I have an AppleTV connected to my television.  I have checked all my audio settings, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and checked cables. No luck. this is happening on demand. Please help.

1 Message

25 days ago

I started having this syncing problem about 2 weeks ago. I am not streaming or using an app. I record shows with DVD. It first started with ABC now all recording the voice and video are not in sync. If I exit the show go back in it fixes it for about 5 minutes. I had to so this 17 times trying to get through a 1 hour show. I have reset my moden and checked cables. I called customer service but you can never get past their infuriating AI system. Xfinity is the worst system to get through. I'd change companies if I could get better internet service where I live. I hate calling them!!!!! There system is useless. IF someone does call you back they don't know what they are doing. I was on the phone with "tech support" for over 2 hours one evening on a different issue. She never could fix the problem. Luckily a different person called after I called AGAIN and he got the problem fixed. Now this Syncing problem, so frustrated!!!!!!!!!! 

Official Employee

• 

597 Messages

user_gpk43p This isn't the experience we want any customer to have. Have you tried using our Xfinity app for any troubleshooting? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here