U

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 1:35 AM

Xfinity xfi app/ xfi pods

This app absolutely sucks. I have had these exfi pods for about 2 weeks now an they will not connect through the app. Everytime I go to try I click on the add xfi pod on the app an always get an error message saying to try again. I ve deleted the app reinstalled signed out clear the cache. Have buetooth on an wifi on. Just seems to not work at all witch is some bs. Then you go an try to ask for help an the help is no help. Regret even buying these. What a waist of $300.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @user_8e5fp5. I'm sorry to hear about the Wi-Fi boost pods not activating properly. To confirm, is this the process you are following through the Xfinity App? Activate or remove your Wi-Fi Boost Pods using the Xfinity App

3 Messages

Yes I have. I have tired everything multiple times I get to step 6... get started an I always get an error try again an that just continously pops up. I already have 2 other pods connected just can't get the third. Don't want to reset those other 2 pods then not be able to sync them back up likes what's happening with this pod now... Just frustrated wish there was a way to like manual connect with a cable to the rounter then add it on the app.... 

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

Hello @user_8e5fp5. Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? Sometimes there is a glitch or bug and doing that, may get the pod to install.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Hi yes I have littlerly tired everything possible . App will not let me add the pods even disconnected the other 2 that where working now those won't sink back up. Deleted app unplugged router, reser router, tried 3 other phones nothing will get this app to sync back to with the pods just error try again. Been that way for about 2 months now. I have just given up at this point. Waist of money...

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Hello @user_8e5fp5 we certainly don't want you to feel like that purchase was a waste of money. Y mentioned that the error says"Try Again" but does it mention anything else? 

Common errors when trying to activate XFi Pods

- Button and/or Option To Activate Not Available

-Error Message- "First Xfi Pod Cannot Be Found" 

- Error Message- "Something's Not Quite Right; We can't find the Serial Number for this Pod" 

Try Again Or WE're Having Some Trouble - Please turn off Bluetooth functionality on the device, then use the manual entry method to enter the Serial Number for the first pod. The link to enter the Pod serial number is available on the Bluetooth Required/Recommended screen that will show up when you deny the request to enable Bluetooth.  Let me know if this works. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

16 days ago

I am having same issue and see others posting also of this error when attempting to activate. Another user mentioned that they recently were upgraded to a newer more powerful router/modem. The white Xfi gateway from the older black rectangle one. I too was upgraded and got this new equipment. After about 1 week my original pod just stopped working. I was unable to reconnect or re-activate it through the app. I spent 1.5 hours on chat with a customer service rep and they could do nothing. I even purchased a second pod. Same problem. Not able to activate and the app delivers the attached screenshot message. Don't think I didn't try every suggestion (restart gateway, reinstall Xfinity App, bluetooth on and not connected vial ethernet to gateway, etc....)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here