U

Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 1:05 AM

Favorites are gone

Favorite tab used to work on xfinity app on LG smart TV but no longer work. They work online and on my phone. I have tried everything. Customer support many times, tech came out to house, I got a better modem and wifi repeater and have a wifi analyzer to choose the best channel on my router. Tried account refresh and uninstalling app and reinstalling several times. Tried unselecting and reselecting favorites on TV and online. Nothing works!

4 Messages

2 months ago

I posted under the wrong thread...sorry

4 Messages

It is happening on both smart TV's and one is bran new.

Official Employee

• 

887 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here. I will be happy to do some research on that tab from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

25 days ago

same issue with my new Samsung TV.  Xfinity Stream app can show All Channels.  But when I select favorite, it shows nothing.  When I go back to all channels, I can scroll and see the channels with a * next to them.

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

@user_a3e44f What sort of troubleshooting steps have you taken from your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ 

Same issue on a 2023 Samsung.  Restarted the modem and router, set favorites on another TV and laptop.  All work there.  Stars appear on channels I've set as favorites on the newer Samsung but no channels appear when selected on the TV guide.  Very tired of Xfinity Stream.  And when I was continuously getting an error code last month, a tech was sent out only to tell me to unplug and replug it when the code shows up.  He said the phone techs don't know that's the only fix.  That procedure is getting very old.

Official Employee

• 

984 Messages

user_dzgdjx Good morning! Thank you for sharing your experience, along with steps you have tried. I can see the frustration, and I'd like to help you get in a direction for resolution. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and the User ID you use for your Xfinity Stream App? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here