U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 2:42 AM

smart resume stopping too soon

I have a problem that appears to be VERY common with Xfinity users, but one that Xfinity either does not understand, or simply does not care to fix. It has been going on for a long, long time, yet nothing seems to get fixed. I am getting tired of dealing with it and am just about ready to switch providers over it. I did not have this problem with Direct TV, for example. The problem is that when I record a program, it starts recording some 40 seconds before the program actually starts. In addition, when I hit fast forward to skip over the ads, it stops some 40 seconds before the program actually starts. That means that I have to either watch the 40 seconds of commercials or hit the fast forward button again. The really, really annoying thing is that if I hit the fast forward button immediately, it stops again. I actually have to wait one or two seconds before hitting fast forward. This sort of thing is happening to a lot of Xfinity customers and it NEVER gets fixed. This is not rocket science, so I can't figure out why they can't get it right. With Direct TV, a recording not only stops in the right place, but it automatically skips over the ads and then stops when the program begins. I don't have to manually hit the fast forward button. Why can't Xfinity do the same thing? If Xfinity can't figure out how to fix this for me, I am going to switch back to Direct TV. GRRRRRR!!!!!

Official Employee

• 

506 Messages

3 months ago

@user_i78ysh Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

3 months ago

I did what you suggested and have not gotten any sort of response. Why am I not surprised? I just don't think Xfinity has any intention of ever addressing this. I have been researching other providers and have found one that will mostly likely serve my needs much better than Xfinity. If I don't get a response from them and get this fixed soon, I will simply switch. <Edited: Solicitation> Maybe then Xfinity will wake up and pay more attention to their clients.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you for trying to speak with us in DM so we can further help with this, @user_i78ysh! We appreciate your patronage with us and always want things to work perfectly! I see that this is a known issue that our Engineers are working on. We do not have an estimated time of when this will be resolved but our team is working very hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

What is the status with this? I am having the same problem. This is super annoying. To make it worse, the ends of tv shows are sometimes cut off. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, user_4l34gj. I certainly understand the importance of getting this resolved, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to correct this?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

278 Messages

Smart resume is pretty useless

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

skintime Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding Smart Resume. I know I love using this feature when I am watching recordings. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Are you having issues with this feature with just specific programs?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here