U

Saturday, December 16th, 2023 1:09 PM

Samsung tv Xfinity cable issue

Has anyone solved this problem? Having the same issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

6 months ago

Has anyone solved this problem? Having the same issue.

What problem are you having? Any error messages? What equipment are you using?

The more details you can provide, the better.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have had a Samsung TV for about 3 years with the same X1 box. Nothing has changed with either physically.  My TV firmware has not updated in over a year (no Samsung updates).  Streaming services work fine, ambient TV on Samsung works fine, Samsung TV works fine, Google TV works fine, casting to TV from devices works fine.  

In the last couple of days, this quarter screen picture has started happening on my TV. I have reset all my TV settings, did a system refresh on X1 box and that did not work. My zoom settings, power settings, etc. have not changed, but I checked them. Everything is set correctly in TV and X1.

Even though it doesn't make sense to change HDMI cables in this sense, I went ahead and did that and it did not work.

Moving ports has no effect either.

The one thing that worked temporarily is to unplug the X1 box (I did for 10 minutes) and then plug it back in. I turned off my TV during this time as well.  I don't know why or if this is the solution.

Please don't take this as me being rude, but using the rules of troubleshooting, it does not appear that anything physical has changed, but I double checked to make sure. TV works fine with other streaming services, casting, and ambient TV mode. That leaves the X1 box that cannot be confirmed as working. Also, every night, the X1 box runs some update, where as none of the others have had updates.  Process of elimination would mean Xfinity made a change that is causing the issue.

I would escalate to Level 3 engineers (I am not sure what Xfinity calls them) but this is most likely not a user issue, but a bug or something in a recent update. It is happening to old and new Samsung TVs so it is not a model or type of TV.  It could be code, it could be something else, but I don't think users and troubleshooting physical connections is going to solve this issue in a timely manner. I would escalate all these issues to an engineering or the highest technical level to look at it system wide. 

Either way, I hope it gets resolved, however it gets resolved, but it is affecting all of our service in a very negative way...

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_oi40rl

We are happy to help investigate this TV box issue. To have the most effective approach, I just need to view the box diagnostics. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

6 months ago

... this quarter screen picture has started happening on my TV ...

Is the problem that you seeing a quarter screen picture instead of full screen? What model is the Samsung? What year? Is it using a cable box, a streaming device, or the Stream app?

My Samsung (2018, model UN32N5300) running Stream app v2.1.1 seems to be working OK.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

26 days ago

Same issue. Comcast changed something and tells me if I want to use their service I need to replace my TV. we took the issue as high up the engineer chain as we could. 
Too say I am a disgruntled customer. Or former customer is an understatement. 

Official Employee

• 

725 Messages

Hello user_4bo1y1 how long had this issue affected you? Are you still currently a customer with us for TV services? f so we'd love to help get the core of this issue for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here