U

Sunday, April 7th, 2024 7:32 PM

Unable to access Primary account

We moved last summer from the Seattle are to Illinois where we had to get a new account.  Back when Xfinity made us reset all our passwords for our emails on the old accounts, around the end of 2023, I did that through the Primary User account.  I am trying to access that account/email now and it is forcing the password reset but when I try, it  requires the mobile number of which there is none tied to that account.  I tried putting in the old land line for that account as well as our current landline (both were/are through Xfinity) and get the message that I must work with the Primary Account Holder to them them change it.  "Them" is me, and I have checked all other accounts under that account to see if I had inadvertently changed which held the primary account status but none of them do from what I see.  All are just listed as "Manager" and do not show the other accounts on them under to be able to reset passwords and such.

I need to be able access that account to be able to get some important emails as well as simply have control over it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

user_pk5mns We can certainly help with this concern and make sure you have the correct credentials. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

1 Message

I’m trying to find out what happened to our deal, I was supposed to have 4 phones hooked up and a Apple Watch for$69 per month as well as internet service 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ghjt0o Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

346 Messages

2 months ago

You're welcome @user_pk5mns! So glad that I could help with getting you to the right team to assist you with your email issue. Just for reference, here is the link for the Security Assurance team that will be assisting you, which just has their number and hours as we discussed: https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. I hope you have an amazing rest of your weekend! :)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Following up as requested during our chat.  I called the Security Assurance team and was able to easily able to regain access to the Primary account.  For those who might be in a similar situation, the call was pretty painless with just verifying some information and then going through the normal login process where they gave me a 6-digit login code that let me get past that and into the account.

Something that I find a bit of a hassle is that 2-step verification requires a separate phone number or email for EACH Comcast email address.  This really is a hassle if, like me, you have 4 different emails on the account...so you have to have 4 different alternate emails/phone numbers tied to them.  Seems silly that ONE person with 4 emails can't simply tie all 4 of those Comcast emails to a single verification email/phone.  Instead, I had to make up yet another alternate email.

But I digress.  The problem is solved and I am able to access not simply the emails but more importantly, the Primary account...the only one I didn't have access too that would let me make changes to all of the others.

Thanks again to you Ty for the patience and help you provided over the weekend and to the Security Assurance team for a quick and relatively painless solution.

Official Employee

• 

709 Messages

@UncaToddly  thank you for taking the time out of your day to follow up. That is wonderful to hear the dedicated CSA experts were able to help get the prior email address issue resolved, your answer will definitely help up other forums members who may need similar assistance. 

We are always looking for ways to improve as a company, and the feedback in regard to the additional numbers/alternate email addresses needed to have access to the multiple Xfinity emails. Getting valuable insight on where we can improve is key to us implementing changes. I'll make sure to get this passed along to our great caproate experts. 

We're available 7 days a week here over Xfinity Forums for employee support between 6am - 12am ET, have a good day.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

27 days ago

I am having a similar issue. The system will not let me sign into my comcast email as the primary. How can I get assistance?

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

Hey there, @user_e5f7e7! I am sorry to hear you are having troubles signing into your email with the primary email. Do you receive an error when you are attempting to log in? What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_e5f7e7​ 

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here