R

Saturday, February 17th, 2024 8:46 PM

New Account - Unable to Log In

I created an account yesterday for Internet service at my new address.  I did receive a "Your Xfinity ID is now linked to another Xfinity Account" email, but I did not receive a confirmation email for the order I placed or the installation kit.  I'm also still receiving "Complete Your Order" emails on a regular basis.

When I try to log into the Xfinity site, it appears to take my login and I'll even receive a "New xFinity Sign In" email, but I'm unable to proceed any further and clicking on the account button in the upper right hand corner of the page still shows a "Sign In" link rather than my name or account information.  Clicking on "Account and Identity" will loop between the black page with the animated "..." and a brief flash of a white page before repeating.  The only thing I can read on the white page before it goes away is "An unexpected error..."

What I'm hoping to avoid is a situation where I start getting billed for internet service I'm not receiving.  Overall, this isn't a great first impression - an internet provider's website appears to be barely functional.

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

15 days ago

Confirming that, after a conversation with an xFinity employee, it turned out that the first request did not go through at all and a new order needed to be submitted.  

Recommend that anyone who finds this reach out to customer service to confirm the first request did not complete if there is any question about an order having gone through.  

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

5 Messages

No complaints from me if it gets attention from the right people.  

Also, can't imagine I'm the only one having the problem, so if there's a bug in the ordering/account creation system,  all to the good if that gets isolated and fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for posting on our Community forums, @runicen. I'm sorry to hear the new account keeps you in a loop when trying to log in. It sounds like you already had an Xfinity ID with a different account. Is this a transfer or a new service? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ This is a new account.  I created the login while pricing out service, but never completed the initial order.  When I went back to complete the order, the email link to "items left in my cart" just led to the standard xFinity landing page, so I logged in, started a new order, and checked out that way.

As mentioned in the initial post, I did receive an email stating that my xFinity ID was linked to a new account, but I never received confirmation of the order.

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Gotcha! So it kind of sounds like the order is stuck or didn't complete all the way. If that is the case, then the Xfinity ID would be non-functional. Let's take a closer look at this. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ Message sent.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here