U

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 4:36 PM

Issues with confirming Military Status

I'm trying to set up the Military Discount for my father's account.  The billing is in his name but I set up his xFinity account since he's not technologically savvy.  When I attempt to confirm his military status it pre-populates with my name and I'm unable to change it to his name on that page.  I recently made changes to his overall account to make sure that his name is listed as the user but that hasn't helped with the 'confirm military status' page.  Any suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

15 days ago

@user_zvgtmi When you sign into your fathers account you would want to make sure you are using his profile. Do you have his name set up as the primary account holder? 

4 Messages

Yes.  His name is set up as the primary account holder.  I made the change yesterday.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_zvgtmi ahh ok since you just made the change yesterday I would give it a bill cycle to show up online as the online profile is not a live biller. It doesn't always take that long but it can. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks!  I'll check every now and then for the next month then.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_zvgtmi Let us know if we can help. We are always happy to assist when we can! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

15 days ago

@user_zvgtmi 

If you get the same results next time, try logging out of the account and clearing cache and cookies.  Make sure that you are signing in to his account and not yours the next time.  And if your browser is set to pre-populate, you might want to turn that off as well.  Good luck!

4 Messages

Thanks!  However, as the image I attached states, 'All fields are pre-populated from your Xfinity Account'.   So I have no control over the pre-population of the form. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

Hello @user_zvgtmi. We just wanted to check back in to see if you had been able to get that name change issue resolved. If you have any questions or need further assistance with that you can always reach out to us here. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here