A

Saturday, May 11th, 2024 7:50 PM

Unknown. "Ghost" Automation Disarms system daily

Hello,

I have some unknown "ghost" automation/rule that automatically disarms my alarm every day at a specific window of time in the evening.  Meaning the alarm will automatically disarm everyday on its own. I don't have any automations or rules scheduled to disarm the system.  This is very concerning, and defeats the purpose of having an alarm.   We were on vacation a few weeks ago and the alarm kept on disarming itself automatically every day at the same time.  The app says it was "Disarmed via an automation", even though I do not have any rules to do this

As a temporary fix, I created a rule to get an SMS whenever the system disarms.  So whenever i would get a text, I would manually arm it remotely via the app.  This is very frustrating that I have to do every time the system disarms automatically  I've raised this with support via the Xfinity Assistant Chat App multiple times, but they can't seem to find a solution. We've basically tried every troubleshooting option (rebooting touchscreen, logging in/out of app, deleting all rules, crate new ones, etc.) but nothing seems to work.  

I am just about ready to switch to another provider but found a similar issue someone else posted on the forum hoping there is a solution to fix it.  Here's an example when the system disarmed at 7:53 pm, then I armed remotely via the app at 8:01 pm.  Please advise if there is a way to fix this, or if i just need to just cancel and look for another provider.  

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

11 days ago

AndrewT1 I'd love to help. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

(edited)

4 Messages

Thanks for the reply XfinityShiela.  I will send a DM tomorrow.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Great @AndrewT1! Our department operates from 6AM - 12AM EST/ 3AM - 9PM PST. Would there be a more convenient time for us to follow up with you in the morning? 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Hi XfinityThomasC, thanks for the reply.  I should be available the rest of the day.  I will send a DM as requested above.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here