U

Thursday, March 7th, 2024 2:56 AM

Serious Problem Pairing and Activating CableCard to TiVo Bolt

I moved from Washington DC (FIOS TV service) to New Hampshire (Xfinity TV service) at the end of January.  I have been a TiVo user for over 20 years and had never experienced service problems until now.  Just in case we ordered two installation points, one with the standard Xfinity set-top box and one being a Motorola CableCard.  I have been trying to get the CableCard service to work now for over 4 weeks.  I am in my third CableCard and have been visited by technical staff twice, with the last technical staff having had the problem escalated to national level: Tier 4 Ticket No. [Edited: Personal Information], but still no solution.  Any recommendation would be mostly appreciated.  Here are the sysmptoms:

- On the TiVo side it appears that the pairing was not completed.  In any case, trying to access any channel (SD or HD) results on a V52 error message "Searching for a signal on this channel".  Other than that the TiVo box is fine and I can access old recordings made before we moved with no problems.

- On the Xfinity side it appears that the activation was completed.  At Xfinity website https://cablecardactivation.xsp.comcast.net/cablecardslist the cable card is listed with the correct serial number and the statement that it is "Currently paired to Host Id:[Edited: Personal Information]" which is the correct Host Id for the TiVo Bolt.  But proceding further to the next website page that asks whether the image and sound for the low channels are working as expected and given a response of NO, I am asked to call for technical assistance, that is tantamount to going back to square zero.

I want to register that the last technical staff, Brett, who came to our home continues to try to enlist assistance.  His persistance is greatly appreciated.  

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

2 months ago

This is a quick update to close this posting.

No solution was found for the problem of getting the TiVo Bolt going on Xfinity.  We accepted the installation of a Xfinity MX011ANM DVR (Which by the way uses a Motorola CableCard) with an additional cost of $10.00/month for DVR service.  It is not believed that the V52 error was due to poor quality signal as the Xfinity box shows the signal was GOOD.

Accepted Solution

1 Message

2 months ago

You need to get the right tech on the phone to bind the card. Have keep calling until you get someone's from the USA on the line to program the cable card the correct way.

Official Employee

• 

902 Messages

2 months ago

Hey @user_7x64hu,

Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to assist in trying to get your CableCard and TiVo device up and running. I know that activating CableCards can be quite tricky. 

Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 months ago

... trying to access any channel (SD or HD) results on a V52 error message "Searching for a signal on this channel" ...  

"V52 searching for signal" errors are due to a weak or poor quality signal reaching the Tivo on the coax line, not a Cablecard pairing problem.

Tivo's Troubleshooting Digital TV Signals article may help.

Good luck!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here