jtm49's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 11:21 PM

Remote not connecting to old DC50x box on old Panasonic 1980's TV

I have an old TV with an old box on top (I think it's a DC50x).  The box works fine and the remote did too, but recently it no longer connects to the box.  It will turn the TV on and off and change the volume on the TV, so it connects to the TV, but it won't change the channel on the box. the remote is an old XR2. Do you know how I can connect them again?  Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 months ago

... it won't change the channel on the box. ...

Try:

1. Unplugging the box for a minute or so
  2. Changing the batteries in the remote
  3. Replacing the remote
  4. Replacing the box
Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @jtm49. If you are still having issues with that box and remote we can look further into that from here. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here