kornedbeef's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 9:55 PM

Recieving to much SPAM

Hello,

I normally receive a handful of unsolicited emails each day and that didn't bother me. Over the past couple of weeks the SPAM has exploded. In the past 5 hours I have received 42 SPAM emails and they steadily keep coming in.

If I select SPAM while logged onto my webmail will the system eventually block them? I usually access my mail using Outlook and I add them to my junk folder but it's gotten out of control The crooks get around the junk folder settings by using different onmicrosoft.com email addresses.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

14 Messages

7 months ago

@kornedbeef 

Hello, one quick suggestion I have is to make sure on the webmail portal you have Spam Filtering option turned on for your Comcast.net email address, this will ensure that spam messages that have been detected will be moved to the spam folder automatically.  You can confirm by going to "Settings" in the top right corner (sprocket looking image) then selecting "Email Settings" and under "Mail Settings" on the left side select "Advanced Settings", here you can ensure that Spam Filtering is enabled by selecting "Automatically move spam and potentially harmful messages to the Spam folder"  If you have already done this, please let me know and I will reach out to you via DM for further details to assist.  Also, if you do move a message from the Inbox to the Spam folder, actions are taken to make sure that similar messages are marked a spam in the future.  Thanks!

Jammie

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJammieAAMP​  I'm having the same issue as the OP.  My settings and advance settings should take care of this but that's not the case.  Most of the [Edited: "Language"] I'm getting is "Security Threat Detected" with a link included for some nefarious program, Norton, McAfee subscriptions ending (never had these), "SecurityNOtice" (this is the appearanc with the NOtice) - temporary block of my email.  This is all so very tiresome.  Get this taken care of please.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Hello @anachrotech, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the settings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJammieAAMP​ I diligently mark emails as spam, and then they continue to show up in my inbox even though they have the same originating email address each time and even though I have my spam filter turned on.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

MattLovett Are you still havining the spam issues? I read on this post that someone said it was back to normal for them. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@XfinityJammieAAMP​ this is not the issue for why hundreds of spam/junk emails are being delivered to our spam folders. I don’t accept that this is a solution. What does Xfinity use for its email filtering solution?

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I didn't change anything yet as described above, but it looks like the massive SPAM wave either is being caught by your filters or the spammers have given up. It's now back to normal.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

It is great to hear that things have returned to normal and the spam is being properly filtered out for you @kornedbeef! Sometimes new offenders for spam can slip through our the system as it can take time to realize it is spam, but once it is identified, it will be able to properly filter that for you! If you happen to run into any more issues with this, or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @kornedbeef. Thanks for posting on our Community forums to let us know about your Spam situation. Have you tried managing the Email/Spam filter settings on our website? 

1 Message

I'm having the same issue, except woke up this morning to over 200 spam emails.  What's going on with Xfinity filters?

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Hello @user_6z9and, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I understand your concern with the spam emails and want to provide you with this link that will walk you through setting up filters https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience. Please let us know if you have any questions about the process, and we're happy to help. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

7 months ago

Luckily, the filters are catching 99% of it for me, but I can confirm that my comcast.net has been getting hit very hard. Normally, I rarely get SPAM at that address.

1 Message

5 months ago

The spam filter needs to be fix imo I get 20-30 a day that are not going to do anything about it until other isp are available in your area when that happens that will fix it 

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

5 months ago

I’m getting close to a hundred spam emails a day that are getting through the XFINITY spam filter and end up in my Apple mail spam folder. What’s going on?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

You're not the only one. The situation has indeed gotten worse, and Comcast/Xfinity is simply handing out scripted responses that don't address the problem and just blame us for not setting up proper rules. Their solution? Use a safe senders list only. They can't be bothered with fixing the problem.

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Hello @smercurio, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the spam filter, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

5 months ago

I have received over 500 spam emails this past week that have my Comcast email address shown as the To and From address.  When I look at them in Outlook they all show different addresses.  When I click on the message I get forwarded thru multiple domains before stopping at the spam advertisement. 

I did whois searches on the email domains and on the forwarded webpages.  All are hosted at the same host so I setup email rules that forward every emails to the hosts abuse @ email address.  The host does nothing!  They are allowing the spammer to spam.  

Do us all a favor!  Search for the email address of your local Congressman and ask them to amend the Can Spam act to make web and picture hosts liable for spam that is sent using their servers if they do not ban accounts that spam.  Doing that would put an end to a whole lot of spammers.  

2 Messages

5 months ago

I should also mention that I did a Google search on the host with the word spam and there are forum posts for years about that host doing nothing about spam.  

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

5 months ago

I woke up with 89 emails in my spam folder on Mac mail. I’d like to add that there is something going on affecting XFINITY accounts probably due to the holidays. It might be worth any user to get some paid identity theft protection available to homeowners or renters insurance that will alert you if your email or any passwords show up on the dark web. I have it and its worth its weight in gold to me.

1 Message

5 months ago

I too need help with the obscene amount of spam email messages I am getting in my xfinity account.

Thanks!

2 Messages

2 months ago

After the data breach the number of spam email I received dropped to zero for a few weeks. 

It back to a dozen or so each day.  Why isn’t Xfinity doing a better job?

I would be thrilled if I could simply get Xfinity to stop pushing junk/spam through to my phone!  I’m quite happy to go look at it on your server for errors.

how can I get you to stop pushing junk mail folder contents?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yeah, it's happening yet again. It also seems to be from the same sources: Miracle Sheets, Life Line Screening, a fake Netflix subscription expired phishing email, Milestone Mastercard. It's a whackamole. Xfinity is able to squash them, but the spammers are able to figure out a way around it. [Edited: "Inflammatory"].

I tried to set up filter rules but they don't work. It's almost like the rules aren't even being run.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, user_ivrdk8. I appreciate you making us aware you're receiving these spam emails again. Have you by any chance visiting the link that shows you how to update your setting my colleague shared? If not, please visit this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience. 

Let us know if you have any questions about the process, and we're happy to help. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I don't know about user_ivrdk8, but I can assure you that the setting to automatically move SPAM to the SPAM folder is enabled. I also have rules set up to automatically delete the emails (not move them to the SPAM folder), but they don't seem to work at all. This thread is to basically inform Xfinity that its level of SPAM detection is no longer working. It has nothing to do with how the SPAM is being handled at the user mailbox level. Xfinity does have a SPAM detector that performs a first-level filtering of SPAM, doesn't it? Or did you get rid of it? If you have it, then we're telling you it's not working again. 

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

@smercurio Thank you for commenting on the thread today. Did you happen to take a look at the solution at the top? Did you happen to check the settings with the steps provided? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@smercurio​ It's now May 3, 2024, and I'm getting at least 4 dozen (that's 48) spam emails daily. Every time I check my email at least 4 times daily there are a dozen or more spams in my spam folder. Xfinity needs to do more to squash these at the source and not allow them to get through to customers. We've been with Comcast/Xfinity for decades. We deserve better customer service.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have checked off the box for Automatically move spam and potentially harmful messages to the Spam folder. I still get 25 to 50 everyday that I have to delete. Customer service is useless.

They tell me to change my password, a few days later I start getting all the span again. I think Comcast wants you to drop your phone provider (t-moble) and sign up with them and pay for there service. I would dump Comcast but all my business and friends have my e-mail.

1 Message

2 months ago

I reveive a ton of spam as well.  I go thru the proper way to change spam filter to discord it when any of the conditions are met, but it doesnt change a thing.  I still get the same spam emails everyday.  help.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_ivbvec I feel like SPAM mail goes in cycles where we all get a bunch and then it stops for a bit and starts up again. Have you seen a difference in the last few days after marking them as SPAM?  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

19 days ago

I have received over 500 Spam emails in the past 3 days.  Today it has expolded.  I have my Comcast web email browser and have received over 60 in the last 5 minutes and this has been happening at an alarming rate for the past 2 hours. I have had Xfinitys Spam filter turned on for years and have not had a major problem before.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Just received 41 more since I posted.  I am worried I will move something legitimate to the SPAM folder.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

And another 42 messages.  This is ludacris.  And another 6 while typing this message.

(edited)

2 Messages

My answer is to cancel all things Xfinity.  Cable, internet, and email.  Making the email migration is hard but I’m totally done with Xfinity.

I hope they get things figured out for you and all the others with this problem.

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

18 days ago

This morning there are 47 emails in my Spam folder. Yesterday around 35. It’s just getting worse day by day. Those emails come thru but I still don’t receive my Apple Card statement anywhere in my Comcast.net email account. I’ve gone thru the advanced security support. If I can reach someone it didn’t help. The engineers need to fix the spam issue and stop completely blocking the important emails. It’s very frustrating particularly for customers who have been with Comcast.net email for two decades. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@Lkpolo​ are these spam messages coming from onmicrosoft.com ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here