user_ss2458's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Monday, May 6th, 2024 11:04 PM

Folder Contents are "dissolving" right before my eyes, from about March 20,2024 back

I have a lot of folders.  On about March 20, 2024, I noticed that the contents of some of my folders were disappearing.  The folders are still there and any email that I have sorted into those folders since that date are still there.  I clicked around on some folders that I had not ventured into for a while and I could see the emails and then within just a few seconds they would just delete before my very eyes.  I think I could probably demonstrate that again to a technician, if they would go into my computer with me, because I still have many folders that I have not viewed yet.  I could really use those emails.  I normally have to archive about every 2 years, because of excessive space on Comcast Server, but now it's been about 2 years since I have archived, and I still have over 50% of my space, which is not normal for me.  I had a Chat tech go in and do what he called a Synchronization, which my system does every day, and it had no effect on these folders at all.  I need a higher level (rocket scientist level) of support to solve this issue, if it is solvable.

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

13 days ago

@user_ss2458 how many folders is this affecting? Are all of the emails prior to March 20th, 2024 gone or are only select emails? Have any come back after the re-syncs? Since it sounds like you've talked with us a few times already, let's chat 1-1

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and we'll be happy to help.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

I did what you said, and here is that message I just sent:

I got a response from XfinityAlfonso, regarding my email dissolving before my eyes.  [Edited: "Personal Information].  I have over 100 folders and subfolders, using IMAP mail, synchronizing on 2 Windows computers using Outlook 365, 1 cell phone, & 1 iPad.  In late March of this year, I noticed that when I would go into a folder that I haven't used much, that the email in that folder would show, and then almost immediately all the emails would vanish from that folder.  Other folders that I use more often are ok, but it seems that if I have gone several months without using the folder the contents will dissolve when I enter the folder.  They are not going into the "Trash".  They are just gone.  I went online with one of your Chat Agents, and he said he was going to initiate some sort of special synchronization to bring it all back, but it did nothing.  These devices also synchronize everyday anyway.  I believe I have enough folders that I have not ventured into, that I could probably demonstrate if I had a "Technician" come into my computer with me.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@ssudbury​ 

Please do not post any personal identifying information in the Forums.  We try to keep our customers safe so any personal identifying information is removed to ensure your identity safety.

Personal identifying information can include:

• Full name
  • Address
  • Email address [any]
  • Phone number
  • Account number

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ I have not heard back from either you or whoever monitors the XfinitySupport direct mail.  It's been 3 days.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here