ffzeus's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 3:25 AM

Email filters not working....again

Did Xfinity get hacked again? Since the hack, I have been forced to reset my account password daily. I assume someone tries too many times to log in incorrectly, which triggers it. Here's the problem. I have 2FA enabled. They can't get in even if they know the password. I have called numerous times, frequently being directly lied to while being passed around some Philippine call center, finally speaking to a "level 3 tech" (ha) to have them disable the flag that causes the forced reset. This lasts about two days, and we're back to the same old.

What does that have to do with email filters? Absolutely nothing.

The email filters were (kind of) working through yesterday. Starting today, every single piece of Chinese spam has flooded my inbox. I have been manually setting filter rules to weed them out since the hack, and today, they no longer have any effect. Every time I am forced to reset my account password, it wipes them, and I have to rebuild them, which sucks [Edited: Language], but I have gotten proficient at identifying patterns and characters to add to the filter rules. Now, if only they still worked. Come on Xfinity, get your [Edited: Language].

Official Employee

• 

701 Messages

15 days ago

Good Evening ffzeus  the email filters rules and the actual login information and process are not directly related, other than all account information being linked to this for access. Since you are having continuous issues with the amount of Spam, we'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team for further assistance. 

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Great. I called. I ended up in a loud ESL call center with someone who couldn't comprehend the problem and kept telling me the email was not compromised. Eventually, she just said to call back if (when) it is reset again. Xfinity has the WORST customer service of any business I interacted with. I can't wait until any other option is available. I guess I'll waste another 90 minutes tomorrow.

Official Employee

• 

945 Messages

ffzeus When you reach back out to the CSA team, be sure to reference the ticket number they provided. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

They provided no number.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

The system asked me to reset my password again. There have been exactly 25 hours between reset requests at 34 minutes after the hour, which used to be 19 minutes after the hour but changed a couple of months back. Every time it does this, it wipes all my built-out email filters.

Official Employee

• 

701 Messages

ffzeus thank you for following up. We'd love to assist in a more direct way to get this email filter issue fully resolved. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and we'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here