KS486's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 8:56 AM

Comcast Blocking Overseas server

I live part time overseas and have an internet account with a provider.  Periodically I have problems with accessing e-mail both from my computer and phone through this provider via hard wired or wifi.  I get this message: 

The server for account "XXXXXX (i included the x's to keep account secure" returned the error "[ALERT] Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later." Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?.

I am able to connect if i use a VPN with a US based access or if i access using a mobile provider.  Is this temporary and ultimately resolve or do i need to contact Xfinity directly to see about resolving this.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

24 days ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfintiy Support here on our Community Forum to voice your internet concerns @KS486!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we're here to ensure that you're having the best experience with your service.  So that we can get a closer look at things, can you please shoot us a private message with the details?  That way we can get a look at this from all sides to see what may be causing this issue.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here