Gsglk's profile

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2024 1:11 AM

Xcam3 setup without Xfinity app

I've searched the forum and have not found a completed thread explaining how to get a Xcam3 hooked-up to my wifi.  I am an Xfinity customer but have no interest in using the service.  I just want a monitoring camera.

The other threads I've found have someone ask for a PM.  Not sure why the instructions are not posted.

Anyone know how to setup the Xcam3 to their network without the Xfinity app/service?  

Setup for viewing on their Android?

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

25 days ago

Hey Gsglk, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity support on our forums. I don't believe there is a customer facing way to activate it without the app. We may be able to do it through our systems and that's why the other agents asked to send us a direct message. Another thing to mention though is without the app, you would only be able to view the camera content through your TV box if you have that service. If you do not have a device that supports the app, could you send us a direct message when you get the chance?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here