V

Tuesday, March 26th, 2024 11:49 PM

trouble connecting camera to wifi

i received a free camera through your rewards program recently. trying to set it up but keep getting the same error:

"we're having trouble connecting your camera to wifi".

please advise, thanks!

Contributor

• 

485 Messages

2 months ago

Did it give you a message to call the 800 number? Whether it did or didn’t just call and someone should be able to help you. FYI, this is a none issue with the rewards cameras. I’ve seen quite a few people on here mention it. 

4 Messages

nope, the package did not include any instructions for set up. 

i briefly glanced at a few forum questions but didn't find this exact one. is the resolution to just call xfinity for set up?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @viviennel1. We appreciate you reaching our Forums page regarding the issues with connection your camera. Happy to hear you're taking advantage of our Xfinity Rewards program! Have you attempted to manually restart the camera? You can also attempt use these troubleshooting steps to connect.

4 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ can you please confirm if I need to pay for Xfinity Home in order to use the free camera? I was under the impression that the camera and service was free.

Official Employee

• 

887 Messages

Thank you for the question @viviennel1. That offer did not require the Xfinity Home service on the account. The only requirements were an active Xfinity internet service and compatible gateway. The https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshoot-camera-connectivity site should have the troubleshooting steps for that camera issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ Thanks for the info. I was told the wrong thing when I called into Xfinity. Can you elaborate on what a compatible gateway is? I would like to use the camera at my parents' house but they do not use Xfinity. Is the camera only usable with houses that use Xfinity internet?

Official Employee

• 

887 Messages

I am glad to help in any way @viviennel1. The requirements for the gateway would be for the speed that is provisioned on the service and the firmware updates. You can use the camera without Xfinity internet is not required for that to work, you would have to ensure the home where you are connecting has high speed internet service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here