U

Saturday, January 13th, 2024 12:09 AM

Smoke alarm beeping

My smoke alarm randomly beeps typically 1 time; then stops & may do this a few times during the day. The control panel sometimes says it was tampered with & immediately says it’s resolved. Battery has been replaced… It went about 24 hours before it occurred again. The first time tit went off it beeped several times & central contacted me. Since this it’s been doing the random beeping. How can this is be resolved?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

Good evening @user_s3ppny, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your smoke alarm beeping, I definitely understand how annoying that can be. Rest assured, our team will be happy to help troubleshoot. I see that you stated you already replaced the batteries. To confirm, is the battery inserted correctly? Can you also confirm the detector appears on your list of connected devices in your touchscreen, Subscriber Portal or the Xfinity Home app.

3 Messages

Yes… the battery is installed correctly. It beeps randomly, not consistently or specific times. As stated before, it shows ok on touch screen 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

Thank you for confirming that information @user_s3ppny, we really appreciate it. We'd be happy to troubleshoot your smoke detector issues further. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you. 

3 Messages

Still need to do further communication to determine if resolved

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_s3ppny! Thanks for reaching back out and for patiently waiting for a response. Are you still experiencing the beeping issue on the smoke alarm at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  Replaced the battery, twice!  And still beeps. Called Xfinity and they ended out sending a tech.  He troubled shot the entire system, tested the battery and still not fixed.  If I leave the battery out, I get an error message on my screen and that is the default image on the screen, so no camera unless I scroll back and then its only for a few minutes.  The tech says the SD is faulty and I need a new one.  He advised that xfinity is coming out with a new SD andd that I should wait (possibley a few months) and then have new ones installed.  Right now I have the SD hidden away with a battery -- beeps every few minutes but my camera works properly.  Hope I don't have a fire in the basement.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_axwl91 Welcome to our community forum! I want to make sure your Xfinity Home equipment is working properly. When the smoke detector beeps, are you seeing an error message on your touchscreen? Have you tried cleaning the sensors to make sure there's no dust or debris that could be causing issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here