Lkpolo's profile

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 9:41 PM

Questions about xfinity doorbell

1. Does it record 24/7 if I have that enabled for my other cameras?

2. Can I see it displayed live on camera view on the touchscreen?

3. Does it show up on the Home app or only the Xfinity app?

Many customers have the doorbells now but it seems that there is still confusion. Just not sure whether to invest in that or not. Looking at replacing a Ring that goes off in the middle of the night when no one is at the door.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

16 days ago

Hey there, @Lkpolo! Thanks for creating a new post with your Xfinity Doorbell questions. Those are great thoughts! And I'm glad you asked :) I happen to have one of these doorbells, along with 24/7 Video Recording, so I just checked my personal equipment and apps for you.

Yes, the 24/7 Video Recording applies to the doorbell as well when you have this feature enabled.

I hadn't brought it up on the touchscreen before since I use the Xfinity App the most (for all my services and equipment), but I tried it just now, and yes! I was able to pull up my doorbell's live feed on the touchscreen in my bedroom :)

And as far as I'm seeing, it only comes up for me in the Xfinity App. While I use the Xfinity Home app to arm and disarm my system on a regular basis, I mainly use the Xfinity App (linked above) to check my cameras (almost daily because I have dogs). We've consolidated a lot of features into this one app, which has been very helpful for our customers!

Please let me know if this helps. I'm sorry to hear about your camera that keeps going off when it shouldn't. As a personal testimony, I can only recommend the Xfinity Doorbell! Mine has been great so far :)

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

16 days ago

That helps a lot. I wish the doorbell displayed on the Home app. I do use it most for the time; just because it was there before the xfinity app with all the different tabs it now has. It does give more information that the xfinity app doesn’t give such as lighting, activity and rules. I use those regularly. I’ll make a trip to an xfinty store to pick one up. Right now my plan for the Ring doorbell is set to renew on June 11th for $50 a year for recording. I hate doing that each year because I do have four cameras from Xfinity that record together for $10 a month. 

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

@Lkpolo - I understand! It sounds like you use more Xfinity Home features than I do, which is totally fine, of course. I still recommend taking time to get familiar with our latest app, but I'm also glad we still have the Xfinity Home app for some of those most-used functions. You're welcome to shop for the doorbell camera online, too! Though, I can appreciate viewing and discussing things in person (plus, the people at our stores are so helpful!) We also offer financing, which I took advantage of (smaller payments spread out over 24 months versus one up-front payment). The choice is yours, and I hope this makes things a bit easier for you moving forward :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here