NeDaS's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 14th, 2024 11:42 PM

False Alarms/Alerts on Window Sensors with False Open Status

Hello, I have read several forum entries regarding the issue where window sensors return a false open status when the window is actually closed. however, I have not yet come across any post detailing a resolution to this issue.

In my case, the issue has occurred on several window sensors since Xfinity Home was installed in October 2022. Since then, a technician has serviced the sensors four times; each time either replacing the sensor or adding spacers in the hopes to improve the alignment. However, adding spacers actually increased false open status. The false open status occurs in batches while the system is in armed away, armed night, armed stay or disarmed status. It is particularly bothersome when the system is in armed away status because we are away and unable to confirm an actual emergency before the police are dispatched. Furthermore, to avoid false alarm, I'm forced to bypass the problem sensors which defeats the purpose of securing the home.

Here's what I have observed. Over the course of several months, all window sensors that face the sun return false open status at least once or up to three times as soon as the weather warms. Just last week, a window sensor facing the sun once again returned a false open status when temperatures reached the mid 80s. However, the window sensors have not failed in the cooler months and those in shade have not failed either regardless of the heat.

At this point, scheduling yet another service call seems futile as past technicians' efforts have been fruitless. Has anyone found a solution or does Xfinity now have improved window sensors that are resistant to warm/hot temperatures such as found in South Florida? 

Official Employee

• 

902 Messages

1 month ago

Hey @NeDaS,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Reddit community support page. I would recommend contacting the Xfinity Home team. Have you recently reached out and what were there thoughts on the matter?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

The last time I contacted Xfinity customer support team was late last year. Prior to that I contacted them two or three other times and each time they recommended a technician be sent. All the technician would do is reposition the sensors or add spacers to ensure proper alignment. Adding the spacers actually worsen the issue so the technician removed them on a subsequent visit. I believe I have exhausted my resources in asking Xfinity customer support for a solution and was hoping someone on this forum has found one that I am not aware of. Do have a suggestion as to who or which department to contact to escalate the issue? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for letting us know, NeDaS what's been attempted. We can certainly look further into this and attempt to troubleshoot the issue. To get started, please send a DM with your full name and full service address to assist.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here