U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 3:54 PM

xFi modem equipment return

Long story short, I ended up with 2 xfinity Internet accounts - an old one and a new one mistakenly made (LONG story there). I was assured that the xFi modem would NOT be shipped for old account when contacting about new account and setting up contract. It was anyway. I set up new account xFi modem and never opened the modem box for the "old" account. Now it's not seen to print shipping label to return. I live bare minimum 30 miles from a UPS store and more than that for an xfinity store (at least 40) so that is not an option. I want to just drop it off at a UPS shipping center and tell them to have UPS take it back since it's unopened, but I don't think that will fly. I'm not thrilled with xfinity at the moment since their chat bot and chat live agent created this mess in the first place. It was the chat live agent that assured me NUMEROUS times that the modem for the old account (seeing as I was going to cancel it) would not be shipped!! This whole process has turned into one HUGE headache!! Any help or suggestions on getting a prepaid return label would be appreciated, as it doesn't show up in the old account because it wasn't activated (or even opened....). Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

709 Messages

24 days ago

@user_75dfa9 we really appreciate your time working with us, and we're almost at the finish line. I wanted to assure you that we'll be here with you through the remaining process. I'll make sure to keep you in the loop in our direct message conversation. Have a good day. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

25 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to create a post @user_75dfa9. We see your DM already and can continue the interaction there. 

1 Message

21 days ago

Typical service from this carrier.  Fees continue to increase while service is terrible and confusing. Tired of spending hours on what should be a simple fix.

Official Employee

• 

346 Messages

Hello @user_pl8rfa! I would be happy to assist you with any issues you may be having. Can you please describe what is occurring, and I'll be happy to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_pl8rfa​ Unfortunately in this case, I was somewhat my own worst enemy. Once I got into messages with xfinity employees through here, things were straightened out. Yes, it took a bit, but my problem was REALLY complex and beyond just wanting to ship an extra gateway back.

I will always work through here first in the future.....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here