U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 1:50 PM

Trespassing on my property

My new neighbor is signing up for Xfinity and the technician came out and ran a wire across the center of my backyard laying on the ground.  They then came back out a few weeks later and asked if they could bury it to which i told them they could not.  They left and i came home to them a few days later on the pole again in my backyard while only minors were home.  I walked out to speak to the tech to make sure they were moving the wire and not attempting to bury it again.  He told me that they were burying it and there was nothing i could do about this.  I requested he leave my property.  I placed locks and no trespassing signs on all 3 of my gates.  Another tech came out and told my daughter he was going in the yard to bury the line.  She told him that he did not have permission that her mother the homeowner will not grant an easement across the center of our property.  She them left the house.  Upon returning home the line was ran again and therefore that tech had entered my locked property to do so aka trespassed.  I attempted to phone the 800 number but i am getting no luck.  I want the line removed from my property.  In my Neighborhood there are no utility easements and therefore Xfinity nor DTE can access any property without consent.   How do I get in touch with somebody at Xfinity who can resolve this situation?  My only next recourse is to file a police report as they continue to trespass while only minor children are home.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

10 days ago

user_rofiw8 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 days ago

How do we contact someone about a contractor that does not have permission to be on our property?

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Hello @user_8f57bc Our apologies for this experience. We can address and resolve your property concerns. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here