U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 5:18 PM

Downed Cable Line - case opened and immediately closed?

I reported a downed cable line at my house, and a case was opened (case #ECM0007416902).  I received a text 2 minutes later saying the case was closed and no further action is required.  That's the only communication I've received about this.  How can I confirm if someone is going to come fix the downed cable line? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 days ago

user_xp2kbb, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFINITY over our forums page for help with seeing whats going on with getting that downed line fix. I would be wondering the same thing being in your shoes. We can help. 

This type of job can take up to 14 business days since the order was created due to permits.  Cable lines may be underground or above ground and normally follow the same path as the utility service lines to your home. In some communities, we are required to apply for and receive a permit before we can replace the underground cable line. Permit approvals can take between 5 and 30 days. You can also check up on our progress by visiting this link and clicking on the banner message at the top of the page for more details. In addition, are you familiar with the XFINITY app? If so, have you checked on the app for an update?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here