U

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 7:19 PM

Paramount Plus

I was told on an Xfinity Chat that I can use my Xfinity Login to sign into the Paramount Plus network. That is not the case. My package includes Paramount Plus but I cannot get into the "Inside the Music" documentaries. Is there a reason I can't access that program?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

13 days ago

user_e3q4kw Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance with your login concern. To confirm, are you logging in to their app via our equipment or your own device like a Roku or cellphone?

6 Messages

I'm actually trying to use the app on Xfinity on my TV. If I bring up "behind the Music on Paramount Plus" using the voice command, it displays the show and when I drill down through the episodes to chose the one I want, it requires me to sign in. Either on the TV or through the web. Both ways won't accept my Xfinity login and shows I need to subscribe.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_e3q4kw In order to use Paramount+ on your Xfinity box you would need a subscription to the Paramount+ app. These subscriptions would not be included with your Xfinity services. You would need to purchase an account either paying monthly or annually at https://www.paramountplus.com/. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

What if your xfinity service includes “Paramount+ with SHOWTIME?”  I am having a similar issue. I open paramount plus through the xfinity cable interface. Then I have try to use the 5 digit xfinity code displayed on screen to activate my paramount plus via the web but it goes nowhere.  Nothing gets activated on the tv and my paramount plus asks for me to pay for a subscription despite being an included xfinity service. 

(edited)

6 Messages

Exactly! Why does our Xfinity invoices show "Paramount+ with Showtime" included in the package we pay for but as per XfinityJeniece above, they would not be included with our Xfinity services? That's my additional question.

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

Great question Paramount+ with Showtime comes with our channel tiers or if added that channel.

paramount plus via the app is a different subscription that gives you access to different content only on paramount. I have the same subscription and if I want to view certain content on paramount plus I have to create a subscription.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 days ago

AHAHAHA - We were struggling with the exact same issue. Our plan includes Super+ More (Limited Basic, Expanded Basic (Kids & Family, Entmt., Sports & News), Dig. Preferred Tier, MGM+, Max, Paramount+ With SHOWTIME, TMC, More Sports & Entmt., HD, Prem), We could STREAM on our computer. We could actually record on our X1, but we couldn't find out how to actually ACCESS Paramount+ on our TV. We finally discovered this:

To find Paramount + with Showtime content on your X1 set-top box, it is On Demand > Network (scroll far to the right, past TV/Movies/Kids & Family/Black Experience/Sports/News/Music/Latino)> Paramount + with Showtime

What a [Edited: "Language"]! They don't make it easy!

Hope this helps.

(edited)

6 Messages

@EasyAs123ABC​ Thank you! But it looks like the program "Behind the Music" is not available that way. I looked and although there's a lot there, the show I wanted needs a subscription. And I'm all "subscriptioned-out" as I'm sure you are. Take care

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Bummer about not being able to get the show you want. 

I am so over Xfinity. We are looking at other alternatives. 

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

@user_e3q4kw
You are 100% correct. Our current agreement with Paramount does not include access to the Paramount+ app where they host some exclusive content. At the same time, they renamed the subscription to Paramount+ with Showtime for all formerly Showtime subscriptions. Unfortunately, we have no say in the name of the subscription. Hopefully, we can work out a deal with them in the future to include access to the Paramount+ app.

6 Messages

9 days ago

Well, after all of this, it is apparent that "Behind the Music" is not available on the Paramount+ with Showtime content that is available through the Super+ Xfinity package. We'll need a subscription.

2 Messages

9 days ago

Apparently, having Paramount plus with showtime does not equal having Paramount plus.  lol.  It took several chats and several calls until someone with retention told me they are not the same.  Too many hours of my life wasted to figure this out. 

6 Messages

@user_jvpdhb​ I've put those hours in too so you have company.

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

If Xfinty partnered with Paramount + like Directv and 4 other providers do, you would be

able to get  full access at no extra charge.  No explanation given, going on 4 months now, as to

whose fault this is or what the holdup is-only non answers.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here