U

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 2:32 PM

Paramount Plus with Showtime

I have Paramount Plus with Showtime included with my package. How do I access Paramount Plus?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

1 month ago

Paramount created massive confusion by renaming the Showtime linear channel like that. I have no idea if having the regular (former) Showtime channel gives you streaming access or not.

Some info from the Paramount+ web site:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-What-is-the-SHOWTIME-add-on-for-Paramount-subscribers

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-I-have-a-subscription-to-the-Paramount-with-SHOWTIME-network-through-my-TV-provider-Do-I-also-get-a-subscription-to-the-Paramount-with-SHOWTIME-plan-on-Paramount

http://www.paramountplus.com/link

Contributor

• 

590 Messages

The article clearly says if your Tv provider is a participating partner, you will get access to all of Paramount +.

I have been asking for 2 months why Xfinity will not participate, and never get a straight answer.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

@user_gb9oz8 Welcome to our community forum! I want to make sure you're able to view all your favorite content :). When you open the app called Paramount+ with Showtime, you should have access as long as you're subscribed to Showtime. Please give this a try and let me know if it works. 

Contributor

• 

590 Messages

XfinityEmilyB..please read: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/paramount-plus-with-showtime-impossible-to-sign-into-app-with-subscription-from-xfinity/65e426a4aad9eb48a85beebb

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Now 5/6/24 and Paramount+ still says Comcast is still not linked.  Paramountplus.com/link page still doesn't include Comcast.  I still can't use the Paramount+ app via my Comcast cable TV including Showtime.  What's the hold up?

2 Messages

Since Xfinity charges $12 for this program, and it doesn't include the actual Paramount+ app, it seems the best option is to just purchase the Paramount+ with Showtime directly for the same $12. My problem is that I am charged for this as a bundle and I can't get out of this charge...

2 Messages

My account also says that I have access to Paramount+ with Showtime as part of my bundle. It looks like if you subscribe to this channel separately they charge you $12 per month, ultimately for what was Showtime channels. However, you can subscribe through Paramount+ for the same $12 and get the full app including the Showtime channels. So it would make sense to go direct and cut Xfinity out completely. BUT, since mine is part of a "package" there is no way to recoup the $12 per month that is bundled so I can go to Paramount directly...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@ruthemm123 Paramount + is a separate subscription fee and not the same as Paramount so you should have a different username and password for use of the app. Did you try to use those credentials? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

590 Messages

26 days ago

That's the whole point of this thread-Xfinity won't partner with Paramount+ (like Directv and 4 others have done ),  so that we can convert (for free) our Showtime subscriptions

to Paramount+ and have full programming access . And it's been 4 months now with NO explanation from an Xfinity rep as to what the holdup is.

Official Employee

• 

689 Messages

Hi there, @tbill1! Unfortunately, we do not have any further information on this to share currently. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

I explicitly switched from Verizon to Xfinity because they were offering a package that included Netflix, MGM+, Max and Paramount+ with Showtime for a $40 monthly package. According to an Xfinity text chat, I had to wait for my existing Paramount+ subscription to run out before I could log into my Xfinity one.  Now that my existing Paramount + is expired I can’t get ANY of the Paramount+ channels or programming… only Showtime channels and programs. I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with someone from India, no disrespect intended but I could barely understand him and HE couldn’t understand my question. Asked to speak to a supervisor (of course none were available) so he said he’d have someone call me back.  That of course never happened.   I am BEYOND livid and feel like this is a real bait and switch on Xfinity’s part.  I would cancel my service, but it’s past the 30 days since I had to wait for my old Paramount+ subscription to run out!!  ARGGGGHHH

2 Messages

So I just found another thread on this subject which has since been CLOSED.  Imagine that!  Who do I talk to about changing my plan and/or lowering my $40/month package since it DOESN’T include the Paramount+ programming?  Why the HECK is it called Paramount+ with Showtime then?  That is not what I am getting so I shouldn’t be paying for it. I don’t care at all about the Showtime programming.  Xfinity employees - would you please let me know who I can talk to?

Official Employee

• 

896 Messages

Hello @Release22, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Paramount+ and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here