Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

62 Messages

Wednesday, May 31st, 2023 1:21 PM

Closed

Introducing NOW TV

Starting today, Comcast is offering NOW TV a new streaming offering that includes 40+ live channels from A+E Networks, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ integrated FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium at no additional cost.

Watch NOW TV at home or on-the-go with the Xfinity Stream app on up to three devices at the same time – plus Peacock Premium at no extra cost.

Learn more about NOW TV.

NOW TV

NOW TV Live: 40+ live channels and On Demand content available with the Xfinity Stream app.

• Top channels include:
    • Live News & Weather
      • BBC America
      • BBC News
      • The Weather Channel
    • Lifestyle Interests
      • A&E
      • AMC
      • Animal Planet
      • Discovery Channel
      • Food Network
      • GSN
      • Hallmark
      • HGTV
      • History
      • Investigation Discovery
      • TLC
      • Travel Channel
      • VICE
    • Multicultural
      • AFROTV
      • OWN
      • WeTV
  • 20 hours of cloud DVR
  • Streaming on three concurrent screens

Plus, at no extra cost:

• Peacock Premium (access through the Peacock app)
  • 20+ free streaming channels – ranging from action to comedy to horror and more – seamlessly integrated alongside NOW TV Live’s channel lineup.
    • NBC News Now
    • Xumo Action Movies
    • Xumo Black Cinema
    • Xumo Bollywood & Indian Cinema
    • Xumo Comedy Movies
    • Xumo Comedy TV
    • Xumo Crime TV
    • Xumo Documentaries
    • Xumo Drama and Action TV
    • Xumo Family Movies
    • Xumo Free Food TV
    • Xumo Free Movies
    • Xumo Game Show
    • Xumo Her Movies
    • Xumo Horror & Thriller
    • Xumo Kids TV
    • Xumo Reality TV
    • Xumo Sci-Fi & Fantasy Movies
    • Xumo Travel & Lifestyle TV
    • Xumo Westerns
    • Xumo Free Nature & Wildlife TV
    • Dateline 24/7
    • Sky News
    • TODAY All Day
    • AccuWeather Now
    • Historias De Amor
    • Circle TV
    • Lo Mejor de Telemundo
    • Telemundo Al Día

NOW TV is available by ordering through your online account, by contacting Comcast Customer Support or visiting an Xfinity Retail Store.

Eligibility

For NOW TV service, you'll need:

• The Xfinity Stream app – available on web (xfinity.com/stream), mobile (Apple and Android), Xfinity Flex, FireTV, Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
  • A subscription to Xfinity Internet.
    • Note: Internet Essentials customers are not eligible for NOW TV.
  • An account that’s currently in good standing.

Notes:

• There are no equipment requirements.
  • Not required but available on Xfinity Flex (Xi6 or XiOne) streaming TV Boxes.
    • The one-time Xfinity Flex Activation Fee is waived when you subscribe to NOW TV.

Access NOW TV

Here’s how to watch NOW TV from your Flex streaming TV Box, web or mobile device.

Note:
 A Flex streaming TV Box is not required to watch NOW TV.

TV BOX

1. On your Flex streaming TV Box, select the Xfinity Stream icon from the list of apps.
    Screenshot of the apps home screen. Xfinity Stream is selected - located to the right of center in a purple circle icon.

2. The NOW TV Home page will open.
    Screenshot of the For You tab in Xfinity Stream.

• Now Playing will default to the last channel you’ve watched.
      Screenshot of the Now Playing page.

• Live TV will display your live TV channel guide.
      Screenshot of the Live TV tab with the channel guide displayed.

• Saved will display your current recordings.
      Screenshot of the Saved tab with recorded listings displayed.

• Browse/Search lets you search for your favorite movies, shows, people and collections.
      Screenshot of the search bar in the upper right corner of the Xfinity Stream app.

• Settings will display your account and device settings, apps and subscriptions, preferences and more.
      Screenshot of the Settings page with options displayed.

WEB

1. On your web browser, visit xfinity.com/stream. Click Sign In.
    Screenshot of the Xfinity Stream welcome page.

2. Enter your Xfinity ID, then click Let’s go.
    Screenshot of the Xfinity Stream sign in page with a field to input your Xfinity ID. The Let's go button is purple and beneath this field.

3. Enter your password, then click Sign In.
    Screenshot of the password field in Xfinity Stream. The Sign In button is purple and below this field.

4. You’ll be asked to verify the mobile number associated with your Xfinity account.
    • Provide the verification code sent to your mobile device, then click Verify.
    • Note: You can choose to verify by email rather than mobile by clicking Email a code instead.
      Screenshot of the Xfinity Stream mobile verification page. There is a field to input the code that was sent to the mobile number on file. The Verify button is white and at below this field. The Email a code instead option is at the very bottom, beneath the Verify button.

5. You can now begin watching NOW TV content on your web browser.
    Screenshot of the NOW TV viewing options in Xfinity Stream.

• Note: The Featured row will include Peacock content, as well as free and On Demand content.

MOBILE

1. Open the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple or Android device. Then, tap Sign in.
    Mobile screenshot of the Xfinity Stream sign in page. The Sign in button is white and at the very bottom.

2. You'll be redirected to your mobile browser to sign in to your Xfinity account. Enter your Xfinity ID, then tap Let’s go.
    Mobile screenshot of the browser sign in page. There is a field to input Xfinity ID. The Let's go button is purple and below this field.

3. Enter your Xfinity password, then tap Sign in.
    Mobile screenshot of the password page with a field to input this information. The Sign in button is purple and below this field.

4. You can now begin watching NOW TV content on your mobile device.
    Mobile screenshot of the NOW TV viewing options in Xfinity Stream.

FAQs

Which devices can I watch NOW TV on?
You can watch NOW TV content through the Xfinity Stream app on the following devices at this time: Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box, Apple or Android mobile device, FireTV, Chromecast and Apple AirPlay. You can also watch through the Xfinity Stream website on your browser at xfinity.com/stream.

How many devices can I use to stream NOW TV content?
You can stream content on up to three devices at the same time.

How do I get NOW TV?
You can get NOW TV through your online account, by contacting us or visiting an Xfinity Retail Store.

How much does NOW TV cost?
A subscription to NOW TV is $20/month with no annual contract.

I have Xfinity Flex. How do I upgrade to NOW TV?
You can upgrade from Xfinity Flex to NOW TV through your online account, by contacting us or visiting an Xfinity Retail Store.

I have NOW TV. How do I upgrade to Xfinity TV?
You can upgrade from NOW TV through your online account, by contacting us or visiting an Xfinity Retail Store. You’ll need to unsubscribe from NOW TV first before upgrading.

How do I downgrade from NOW TV?
You can downgrade from NOW TV through your online account, by contacting us or visiting an Xfinity Retail Store.

If I cancel NOW TV, will I lose my Xfinity Internet service?
No, you will not lose your Xfinity Internet service if you cancel NOW TV.

If I cancel my Xfinity Internet service, will I lose NOW TV?
Yes, you are required to subscribe to Xfinity Internet for NOW TV.

Do I need a TV Box to get NOW TV?
No, you won’t need a TV Box to stream NOW TV content; however, an Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box is available at no additional charge with your NOW TV subscription and the one-time Xfinity Flex Activation Fee is waived when you subscribe to NOW TV.

Can I use my own modem with NOW TV?
Yes, if you use your own modem for Xfinity Internet, you’ll be able to use the Xfinity Stream app to watch NOW TV, if compatible. Find out if your equipment is approved and compatible with Xfinity services.

If I already have add-on services like Netflix, HBO Max, Showtime, etc., will I have to re-purchase them once I upgrade to NOW TV?
No. Access to additional services like Netflix, HBO Max, Showtime and more will carry over seamlessly to the new experience once you’ve upgraded to NOW TV.

Can I subscribe to additional add-on services like Netflix, HBO Max and Showtime with NOW TV?
You can subscribe to additional add-on services with an Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

Can I use DVR?
Yes, you’ll have 20 hours of DVR service included with your NOW TV subscription.

I currently have Xfinity X1. If I downgrade to NOW TV, will I lose my DVR recordings?
Yes, when you downgrade from X1, you’ll no longer have access to your X1 DVR recordings.

Can I watch live TV?
Yes, you can watch 40+ live channels as part of the NOW TV Live streaming service, including TV from networks like HGTV, AMC, History, A+E and Hallmark.

Can I buy or rent movies and TV series?
Yes, purchases and rentals will be available with NOW TV.

Is pay per view (PPV) available on NOW TV?
PPV events and PPV sports packages are not available with NOW TV.

Does NOW TV content count against my internet usage?
Yes, NOW TV is an internet-delivered service and will count against your monthly internet usage.

Can I take Choice TV, Popular TV or Ultimate TV with NOW TV?
No, NOW TV cannot be added to any traditional Xfinity TV package.

Can I watch NOW TV on Xfinity X1?
No, NOW TV can be watched on Xfinity Flex with the Xfinity Stream app or with the app on your own device: web, mobile (Apple and Android), FireTV, Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.

How do I activate Peacock on my Flex streaming TV Box with NOW TV?
Please see Peacock App on Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 for instructions on activating Peacock on your Flex streaming TV Box.

What if I’m unable to watch Peacock with NOW TV?
Please visit peacocktv.com/help for help with troubleshooting.

Which third-party devices are supported by Peacock?
For a full list of third-party devices, please see this Peacock Help article.

What if I already have a Peacock subscription but want to subscribe to NOW TV?
If you already have a paid Peacock subscription, you must cancel your existing subscription before subscribing to NOW TV, which includes Peacock at no additional cost. For instructions on canceling your existing Peacock subscription, see peacocktv.com/help/article/cancellation.

Additional Information

https://www.xfinity.com/nowtv

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-introduces-now-tv

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/now-tv-overview

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

The big question is will I be able to stream this on my Roku or LG TV on a non-Xfinity network? You currently restrict the usage of the Xfinity Stream application to Xfinity only.  With services like YouTube TV, Sling, and even Spectrum, we can get the service anywhere and any device. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@user_e8625a​ You can add Now on your Roku player or Tv and not go thu Xfinty. It's also much easier to cancel than it is with Xfinity. I stopped adding premiums with Xfinity and now add them with Roku. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

1 year ago

It sounds like this is Comcast only for now, as it's set up more as a bottom-end TV package.

1 Message

8 months ago

If I change to NOW tv am I able to get NBA, NFL and my college basketball channels?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Great question @user_0rtwqg! Check out the link: https://www.xfinity.com/nowtv?CMP=KNC-43700076552832088-GOOGLE-659867213012-c-xfinity%20now%20tv-e-NOW+TV_BR_Exact_West&gclid=CjwKCAjw4P6oBhBsEiwAKYVkq3cBJ0XyRuzPUCGik03Pt55M-BPwFdLicjgNKhhjpuZz7zrOxe5fDRoCkOcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds to see the channel line up. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

8 months ago

Now TV just has the channels listed. NO BRIADCAST CHANNELS. NO SPORTS CHANNELS. That is why it is so cheap. Sports and locals are EXPENSIVE!

2 Messages

8 months ago

When will the NowTV service be available on Roku devices? 

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

Hi there, @user_sxenib Thank you so much for your time! That is a great question, you can watch Now TV and the great programming on the following.

Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Selected Samsung Smart TVs.

Selected LG Smart TVs.

Roku.

PS4 & PS5.

Xbox One & Series X/S.

Apple TV.

Selected Sony Android TVs.

2 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ After two calls to technical support and several restarts & reinstalls, the Xfinity Stream app with Now TV does not load after I enter the code on the authorize site. I continue to receive an error message that "This package is not yet available on this device" with error code TVAPP-00195. After going through all of this, it was my understanding that the Roku version had not yet been enabled, which is why I continue to receive this error. Do you have another solution for Roku Ultra 4800x or a timeline for when this issue will be resolved? I've seen posts by several other users with the same problem. 

Official Employee

• 

681 Messages

I do apologize for all the mixed information and confusion. While the Xfinity Stream app will be available on those devices, NOW TV is currently unavailable to stream through Apple TV, LG TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, or Xumo TV. Unfortunately, I am not seeing any information available on when it is expected to be available, but this link would be the best support document that would be updated when it is available to stream on more devices.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

what is the difference between Now TV and Choice TV Select?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

7 months ago

Choice TV is Limited Basic cable TV (local stations) on a Flex box. No cable networks or Peacock. I assume it will also have a large Broadcast Fee.

Now TV is a limited subset of cable networks, plus Peacock.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here