Ktl5005's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 3:28 PM

Bills increasing 2024

Just got my monthly statement from Xfinity and thank you, bills are going up next year for both cable, Internet, certain bundles, and also the regional broadcasting fee and sports fee. No wonder people are dropping Xfinity left and right. I will be doing the same in November when my contract is up.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

@Ktl5005 We appreciate your feedback and please feel free to let us know if you want to look at new offers. Our department is always happy to help. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I too will be looking into dropping Xfinity.  It is becoming a joke with their constant increases.  Its is no wonder they are experiencing record cancellations.  I called to complain and they offered me a"Great" deal by offering my a downgraded "NOW" package.   Their service is certainly disappointing, especially being a 30 yer plus customer.  They said they had no current promotions....

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Boggswade1 Hi there! We would be happy to assist you in looking at different options to lower your bill. We understand howimportantt it is to get the most out of what you pay for.  Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 months ago

I have internet with 2 cell phones, tv streaming and connection for a land line. I believe am paying too much now and any increase will cause me to seek another supplier.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_d5ol9d! I know how important it is to keep bills at a reasonable level so I'm happy to help you review options. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address to get started. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I called get cut off, impossible to get an agent on the phone. They tell you to use their chat app. Then it says no agent is available call. Call you don’t get anyone. No wonder Comcast is rated worse than the IRS for customer service! Again my bill is going up and I want an exact breakdown on the increases since I have a contract. So fees went up $10.00 because that’s my increase?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, @discocoaster thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your billing details. We would be happy to take a look at your bill to help with going over the increase. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and your full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I just notified with my Xfinity bill, today that my monthly bill is being increased by $8.00 starting in January - 2024.  I have a contract pricing that I agreed to about 2 yrs. ago.  I don't feel that any increase should occur during a contractual agreement:( This isn't fair to do to any customer!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_b08899- I understand feeling that way when you see notifications of upcoming pricing changes on your bill. I'd be happy to help answer any questions and also review your plan so we can ensure you have the best package to fit your service needs. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support” so we may review the details together? To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

Like the sparrows to Capistrano, it's January and here we go yet again, another arbitrary increase to my monthly Xfinity bill for just internet connectivity. My bill has steadily been going up year after year with no added features, dramatic improvement or benefits in services (I use that term loosely as there are little to no "services"), to the point I am now paying double from when I became a "Crime Boss" customer, ahh, sorry Comcast Customer. With so few options around they are like a cartel. It's disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves, but you have to have a conscience for that. I'm in the IT world so I get it, there's maintenance, upgrades and assorted other issues just to run the business and it's no longer 2004. But this is ridiculous. How about setting up some basic package prices, build in the cost improvements and "set it and forget it", instead of constantly offering all of these wild incentive package to lure more victims? I don't need sports channels or any other entertainment, just plain old out of the box (reliable) internet access. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I totally agree with you.  Now this company thinks that they should charge you for coming to your home to fix your internet.  Something has definitely gone wrong with this company.  You pay a monthly fee to keep your internet up and running and now it seems this company just wants to charge us more for keeping the services up and running, when that is their responsibility to maintain a service in our homes, that we're already paying for:(   We shouldn't have to pay extra for repairs to our internet, when we can't control things like the signal reception, etc., which isn't our fault.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_b08899 As a customer myself, I understand how frustrating internet trouble can be. When we send out a technician there is a chance that a customer would be charged for the visit. Charges may apply for service visits when Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast are not the source of the problem with your service. For instance, you may incur a charge for a service visit by a technician to your home in order to diagnose and repair problems with the In-Home Wiring used with your Xfinity services, or for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between Customer Equipment and your Xfinity services. There is also a charge for customers who choose to do a self installation instead of a pro installation and agree to this charge within their order if a technician is sent out to the home to complete the installation. 

Are you currently having issues with your services that need to be address? We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the Xfinity App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. Have you checked there yet? If no interruption, I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_e47e66 ! Thank you for taking your time in reaching out to us today about this bill increase. Bill increases can be a hassle to deal with, and we're sorry to learn that you're having this unfavorable experience. Our team of Billing gurus would love to research this for you. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

4 months ago

I was also curious why my bill increased but have been unable to find a satisfactory answer. I’ve checked and the only support I’ve had is the chatbot promising that yea my bill do go up this year even though it was set at a contracted rate. I currently own my own router and already pay extra for unlimited data usage. Somehow despite the fact I have never used nor could use the now more expensive sports or tv packages that apparently are the reason for the increase in price. Its funny the bill states that I was contacted about this price change as I never received an email or any physical mail detailing this. This seems like a violation of trust and I want to resolve this as switching would be a hassle but seems like the only way I can actually get customer service for the service I pay for.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @user_i5eqvt. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. I'd be happy to check what's going on. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

3 months ago

I cut the cable TV today.  The problem with Comcast and there so called contract pricing is ridculous.  Most areas of the country have little to no choice in their high speed internet providers, our area is no different.  Comcast could do themselves a world of goo if they could stabalize their price structure.  All they seem to do is pass along any kind of increase to their customers.  I signed a contract for $120 a month for internet and TV.  After two years I was up to $172, over a 40% increase for the same services.  I know my wife may have added some things from time to time but even when nothing was changed the price just kept increasing.  What really go to me was the fact that thirty miles away TDS has installed fiber optic cable.  The people I know that have this have a locked in rate with 600 MB up and down at $49 a month for life.  So I pay 40% more for a lesser service.  Why?

Being part of local government I will push for more competition within our area. [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  Overtime something has to give here.  It gets riduculous when your internet and TV bill is higher then all your other untilities combined.  

[Edited: "Political"/"Inflammatory"]

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue.  Just need a breakdown of why my bill increased 8.00. For some reason they do't want you to see the breakdown. They just take you in circles trying to get this info.

1 Message

3 months ago

Just like numerous others here my rates were increased with no warning or explanation.  Worse yet, they lied to my face about the rates being "frozen" the same as my previous plan.  I repeatedly asked them to confirm there would be zero rate increase, same as my previous plan, and they stated "yes" each time.  I wonder if there are enough people on here to [Edited: "Solicitation"] ...?

[Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_n7mjve! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer, and I absolutely understand how alarming it may be to notice a sudden increase in your monthly bill. Please know that when a promotion is set to expire, we do provide notices on your Xfinity billing statement before the expiration. Any price changes and or updates will be listed on page 4 of your Xfinity billing statement under "Additional information".

We certainly do not want to lose you as a customer, and my team would love to assist you with finding a plan that better suits your billing needs. Please send us a Direct Message so that we can better assist you! Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

1 Message

3 months ago

Just received my monthly statement and a $30 increase is pretty significant.  I will also be looking for a new provider. This is unfortunate and very disappointing.  I never even received a notification about the increase.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_kokjs3 I know seeing any increase is never a welcome sight. I'll be glad to review some promotions when you have time. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

2 months ago

My Internet bill increased 20% in January. And that's after a 7% increase last year. And I wasn't even on a promotional plan.

That's ONLY internet! 
Outrageous...
And the only other competitor in my area is AT&T and they're lame.
Unhappy customer.

Official Employee

• 

945 Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_luhc6f. Rate adjustments help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs to our business. We would be more than happy to review your services to ensure you are receiving the best value. Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue here.... went from $70 to $96 overnite for same old internet service.

No explanation....just the money grab.

The AT&T guy s practically bringing me donuts to get me to sign on.....it's prolly time for that.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

When I logged in to pay my bill on time the bill was $25.00 more than usual. I immediately reached out to Xfinity Customer Service and told them to correct. I told them I was not paying an incorrect amount nor would I pay a late fee for not paying an incorrect amount. They didn't respond to issue and I've contacted them every day for the last two weeks. And now I'm charged a late fee for not paying the incorrect amount. I reported to Tom Karinshak and Leadership and they haven't resolved. 

There was a data breach and my info was exposed and scammers started reaching out to me saying the were Xfinity. I reported to Xfinity and they said it wasn't them. Predatory technology and inept service with the Internet Team. My phone bill has been consistent for 5 years. 

Official Employee

• 

348 Messages

@user_ac6ca8   Check the monthly statement to verify why there was a $25 increase. You can also pay off your balance due and get a credit for the latest late fee with these https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/late-fee-credits steps. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

My bill has been significantly higher than each month since December 2023, and keeps going up.  I will also be looking at options to cancel Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

Hello @staceylipps, Thanks so much for leaving a comment on our community forum. We would be more then happy to help with any billing concerns you may have so we can keep you as a loyal customer. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

1 Message

11 days ago

My bill went up every year. This is too crazy. I am not sure if I can afford Xfinity anymore. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello user_3yodpq thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our team. We are happy to look into these increases to see what is going on and how we can help. To get started can you send us a DM with your full name and your service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here