sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Please explain why I can get HBO Go on my Android or Apple devices but NOT on the ROKU. Verizon FIOS offers it, along with almost every cable provider in the country except one of the biggest - Comcast/Xfinity. Please consider being added as a cable provider to the Roku list so we can enjoy HBO on every TV we own. It is an inconvenience to attach the Kindle to the TV. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When will this be provided? HBO through my Ruko please. Every other provider allows it!!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I sent my complaint in.. everyone needs to take a minute and do this

Use this link:  http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

Good JOb MAZ

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@switt1227 wrote:

I sent my complaint in.. everyone needs to take a minute and do this

Use this link:  http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

Good JOb MAZ

I sent my "complaint" in a year ago.....I switched back to Dish.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I went to the link, and filled in the form. Within minutes, I received a reply. The reply unfortunately was that they have no plans to ever support roku! Bizarre..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I don't know why comcast wont allow HBO GO access on Roku, it's avaliable on WOW, ATT, and several sat. providers, you can also get it through X-Box live, but the only way to go through Roku is to buy a subscription of Play On, which has it's own problems.

Every time ive tried to ask Comcost support why its not avaliable they try to say its up to Roku and HBO, Comcast has nothing to do with it. Thats usually after I explain what Roku is??

The bottom line is you can get HBO GO on Roku, but you have to go through Play On.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

@SillyGod wrote:
I went to the link, and filled in the form. Within minutes, I received a reply. The reply unfortunately was that they have no plans to ever support roku! Bizarre..

Please post their response.  Thanks!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe the solution is for ALL of us irritated customers to take our business elsewhere to a company that supports roku - and the customer. Since Comcast obviously doesn't care about the opinions of paying customers.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Challenge is, I don't think they particularly care about those customers defecting either...  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Just found an alternative- and cheaper too. The shows and movies I like are on Netflix and only $8.00 a month. And yes there is a Netflix channel!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Reply (with personal info removed):
Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Davielle. I am genuinely sorry for the frustration you have experienced with HBO GO not support on your Roku Device. I assure you I will do everything I can to resolve all your issues.

I regret the inconvenience and disappointment this situation has caused you. It is our goal to ensure that every customer is satisfied with our service, but there are situations in which we are unable to achieve that goal. When these situations occur, Comcast values your feedback so we can strive to make improvements.

Comcast is continually evaluating new platforms to support for the Online TV Partners like HBOGO, but at this time have no committed dates to support HBOGO on Roku. Unfortunately, we do not have a launch date available for the compatibility of our services with the Roku. Our engineers and programmers are working diligently to make our service more compatible with all multimedia devices available today like the Roku and Smart Phone/TVs. We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places. For a list of supported devices, please go to: http://www.hbogo.com/#help/ .You can also check your monthly statement and online at www.comcast.com for any updates.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

A sickening stream of corporate lies again...

I assure you I will do everything I can to resolve all your issues.

I guess "everything we can" does not include flipping a switch.

It is our goal to ensure that every customer is satisfied with our service, 

Ah, NO...apparently, it is NOT, or you would flip the switch.

there are situations in which we are unable to achieve that goal (every customer satisfied).

But this isn't one of them, as anyone is able to flip a switch.

Our engineers and programmers are working diligently to make our service more compatible 

Obviously a lie, unless their engineers don't know how to flip a switch, and/or, Comcast hires PITIFUL engineers, as other cable TV provider's engineers enabled Roku in VERY short order.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

My reply....lies lies lies...

-------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom Karinshak. My name is Julie.
I am sincerely sorry for the frustration you have experienced with
getting HBO go on your Roku device. I assure you I will do everything I
can to assist you today.

Comcast continually evaluates new platforms to support for the Online TV
Partners like HBO GO. As of now, there are no committed dates to support
HBO GO on Roku. You can visit http://www.hbogo.com/#help/ to view a list
of supported devices, such as XBox 360, Kindle Fire and Apple TV. If you
need further assistance, please reply directly to this e-mail.

Mr. Salopek, we appreciate you being a Comcast customer and thank you
for allowing me the opportunity to work towards a resolution for you.

Sincerely,

Julie H.
Office of Tom Karinshak

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

When traveling I could watch comcast programs on my hotel TV instead of my laptop.  Need access from ROKU pronto

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Instead of using the computer when I'm traveling in a motel with internet, I could use roku and login into comcast and see the programs on the the TV instead of my laptop

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here