CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

. To look at your signal on the x1 remote type in
Hold exit for 3 seconds then down down 2 quickly. Will be on system tab and on page 5

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Comcast will still use existing lines. Everything must be home run to a central location. Meaning it can't be cascades of splitters

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

As long as signal is within spec we use existing lines

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

9 years ago

@Inhouse-tech wrote:
As long as signal is within spec we use existing lines

Attention Inhouse-tech. Are you a Comcast employee or contractor ? If so, you may not be aware of this fact: Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrator in order to post in an official capacity. Employees have their names in RED and are designated as such.

If not authorized they can post here but cannot state they are employees. Nor can they allude to being employees.

You can contact the community manager here (Comcast Larry) about it;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4671561

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

XRE 07002. No access to any on demand content. Another fun Comcast night.
Enjoy the monopoly while you have it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@tctc wrote:
XRE 07002. No access to any on demand content. Another fun Comcast night.
Enjoy the monopoly while you have it.

did you try viewing on laptop/desktop/smart phone? When the xre system is down there are many backups available to watch live and on-demand content.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

new XRE-server 1.50.08 2 issues so far..

FIrst, the 'about' screen sometimes will not go away without a reboot. Hitting Exit, xfinity button, playing a recording, nothing makes it go away.

Second, the CC function is buggy/slow when off turning it on gets no or very slow screen update. The sequence is turn it on and nothing happens (no icon saying on) dismisses after 5-10 seconds and then captions start.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

Good ideas Rustyben, but I'm paying a lot of money to be able to watch on my 60" screen, not on my 3" screen.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I'm currently having issues with my Pace (PX013ANM) X1 DVR automatically switching back to 720p output resolution.  I usually notice this when my TV (which the STB is hooked directly to via HDMI) has been off for awhile.  I've seen discussion of this similar problem elsewhere, but since this is the "official" thread for X1 technical issues, I figured I'd mention it here as well.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Beancounter311 wrote:

I'm currently having issues with my Pace (PX013ANM) X1 DVR automatically switching back to 720p output resolution.  I usually notice this when my TV (which the STB is hooked directly to via HDMI) has been off for awhile.  I've seen discussion of this similar problem elsewhere, but since this is the "official" thread for X1 technical issues, I figured I'd mention it here as well.

trying it on one of those devices will test if your account is set up with 'entitlements' to be able to have on demand. If they work then call the 877-896-8678 and tell them the problem and that you can watch it online so has to be in your box settings.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

My non-DVR STB has problems playing recordings from the DVR. The recording starts to play and after a few minutes I get an error message saying the DVR is not available or can't be found. If I exit out to live tv and then go back into the recordings  the cycle just repeats.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@JohnBanes wrote:

My non-DVR STB has problems playing recordings from the DVR. The recording starts to play and after a few minutes I get an error message saying the DVR is not available or can't be found. If I exit out to live tv and then go back into the recordings  the cycle just repeats.

you didn't say what time of day (possibly during the reboot at 2-3 am?) this happened. 

next time you see this exit to live tv and press and hold the exit button for 3-5 seconds, release and quickly press down down 2 <== after a few seconds a white background menu will appear. press down to MoCA and hit 'ok' note first screen to see if 'linked up' is the status. then move to the MoCA Mesh Transmission Rates and jot down the actual info not the grid. will be something like 

0  250 250

250 0 250

250 250 0

the number of filled out data lines will equal the number of X1 set top boxes you have.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Inhouse-tech wrote:
. To look at your signal on the x1 remote type in
Hold exit for 3 seconds then down down 2 quickly. Will be on system tab and on page 5

if you are on 1.3.4 change the 2 to a 3 to see the next-generation diagnostic screens.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

6K Messages

9 years ago

TV screen says no signal, so that's not an activation thing.

If you're sure the HDMI wire and the HDMI port in the TV are good, and the TV is tuned to the correct input, then the HDMI port in the box is likely busted and the box needs replaced.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

New X1 system main cable box in family room activated and works fine.  X1 "mini" in bedroom won't connect whereas plugging in the standard HD cable box to the same cable and TV has good signal and TV works fine.  So the issue is not with the cable itself or TV but with the X1 mini box.  Replaced the X1 "mini" box at Comcast service center - same problem - "no signal". Comcast representative can't figure it out. Any ideas?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here