CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've had the X1 Platform since July and there seems to be a major technical issue every month. The system is slugish, and I don't believe it's worth the money. My system has not worked since Friday and a service technician will not be available until Monday afternoon. Error code is RDK-03004. The troubleshooting procedures are not effective.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Please feel free to start your own thread when beginning a new topic

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same here. Service out again this morning. Always with X1 error. We've had our service 5 weeks and the tech person has been out 4 times.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

ok reboot complete normal time to get live. same delay. Server issues locally? nationally? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

3rd day in a row same problem no error msg but X1 is lagged 5 to 10 minutes in processing keystrokes like fast forward (watching a lot of dvr today). I'm rebooting now but that has not fixed it before. normally starts some 8 hours from now this is first middle of the day occurrance. again, no error messages.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Which error message ?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

ok now that is weird. can't get it to notice (blue led lights when pressing remote) keypresses but the app xFinity TV Remote allows me to 'restart' (from beginning) by dvr manager>recordings>play on tv. the Xfinity X1 remote app works. ok battery was 80%

same 147 version same firmware (rf linked)

ok wierder. did the setup (red changes to green>987 and it switched back to IR. now control works. any attempt to repair brings up the 'help' screen like i pressed 'A" and the press of "xFinity" button to start pairing brings up menu instead.

what the??

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Try this...Comcast has a recording now when you call their 800 number saying to unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and hit exit 3 times and then 720 enter. I did this and it did not work. However, if I did the same steps but instead unplugged the HDMI from the TV, it did work. Hope either works for you and if you find the same as me with the unplugging of the TV and not the cable box, please post so Comcast updates their broadcast recording on their 800 line.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

That is weird.  I sent an XRE refresh signal for you.

After you re-pair your remote with RF, go ahead and powercycle the box.  This has worked for me in the past

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

got it to re-pair by hitting exit on the X1 Remote App after the setup power changed from red to green and help screen came up. pressing xfinity on the remote brought up the pairing. 

so issue now is .. why did the X1 ignore paired commands as if I had the wrong control, and then why did the process of pairing (setup press until red all-power changes to green) 'press' the A button blocking re-pairing process?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Called 800- COMCAST number and it was a pre-recording after you said you were having problems with your cable service. It stated there was a long hold time due to an X1 HD issue. The recording then said if you had an X1 issue to try what I posted.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hope to get a Comcast Tech response here...I've had this X-1 system installed for 2 weeks...main DVR plus three remote set top boxes.

During the first week, the three set top boxes froze/stopped working 6 times, requiring a un-plug re-boot 5 times and a call to Comcast to send a reset signal once. Discovered that if the set top boxes are manually turned off (press the green lighted button on the right of the box) after use...no more freeze up issues. I suspect that if the set top boxes are left on all the time, as they are apparently intended to be, they will overheat and cause the freeze up issue.

Now I'm having a similar issue with the main X-1 DVR...froze up twice in the past week, both times fixed by a un-plug hard re-boot. I could start turning the main DVR off after use as well, however...it's my understanding that if the main DVR is turned off, it will not turn itself back on when a scheduled recording comes up. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@johntrotto wrote:

why are all the tv's in my house saying ERROR ENCOUTERED  REF CODE RDK-00104

my DVR's have both been messed up all weekend. All my service has been very poor the last 5 days and the wait on hold for a customer service rep has been rediculas.

Same problem here - powercycling the DVR's seem to have helped.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

why are all the tv's in my house saying ERROR ENCOUTERED  REF CODE RDK-00104

my DVR's have both been messed up all weekend. All my service has been very poor the last 5 days and the wait on hold for a customer service rep has been rediculas.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here