CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Model is XG1-A.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Ray my pace blue is still running 46.6 as of yesterday, the arris has been on 47 for some time...

Expert

• 

18K Messages

10 years ago

@gotpizza wrote:

Ray my pace blue is still running 46.6 as of yesterday, the arris has been on 47 for some time...

So wierd....  opposite sides of the state, yet my Arris is stuck on 10/15 while my Pace is on 10/22...    SO wierd !!!!!

-=Ray=-

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@eff1927 wrote:

Model is XG1-A.

The issue you are having is a new issue on that xre version, I have reported it to the people who work in that arena. As soon as I know something I will let you know. Or maybe that person will report on it within this thread, which ever comes first....

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Ray you can blame Adelphia for that!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am have a problem with only get a picture in the upper left conner of the tv almost like Pic and pic

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I am seeing a weird issue when I FF on DVR. It goes fine for a second then it speeds up the FF really, really fast for just being 2x. Any ideas why this is? Just started about a few weeks ago.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

10 years ago

@gotpizza wrote:

Ray you can blame Adelphia for that!

Pizza,

OMG.... a "Blast-from-the-Plast" reference.... However, you are certianly correct with that statement....  Adelphia was notorious for NO outside plant maintenance and COmcast only inherited the problems when they took over.    For Comcast's credit though, I am always seeing trucks replacing outside lines ( pole to pole ) so they know the problems, just may take a long time in fixing all of them...

BTW:  My DVR DID IN FACT have the 10/22/14 update installed when I got home last night  ( one of my OCD perverions is to check the ABOUT section on each unit every time I get home ).

Finally I will get the exapanded Actors/Directors/Movie Ifno BAR ...... it was one of the most important things I enjoyed with my old DirecTV setup.... having the aility to view all of the movie's credits and stars....    

I am a HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!

Have a great weekend even though you may be in the 40s over on your side of the state SUnday mornirng!!!!  

-=Ray=-

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

bring it on! my A\C is still on!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

hello,

I have two X1 HD DVR's and up till the lastest 147.04b update my wife and I were content with the way they functioned together.

Here is our layout. My wife's DVR originally was setup to be the wholehouse DVR communicating with a client reciever in the Master Bedroom. When she retires for the evening she can continue to finish watching her programs.

My DVR labeled Living Room was not, nor wanted it to be part of the wholehouse system. I simply wanted it to be its own entity.

Now with this supposedly fantastic update where both DVR's are now to be combined nothing is working as it should.

My Wife's and my scheduled to record programming shows up on her's and my Schedule folder.

Now here's the kicker, Her Scheduled programming is recorded on my DVR which shows up on my Saved Folder and not Her's. I can see her recording on my DVR's hardrive and she cannot on Her's. Which means if she wants to watch any of Her future recordings she must come to my DVR in the Living Room to watch her recorded programming. this is not going to work for us.

I don't want her accidently deleting my programming nor does she want me deleting Her's. Now, with this new update shouldn't she as well as I be seeing each others saved recordings on both of our Saved Folder?

With this update, at times we record the same program only to watch at different times. Now we are forced to interact together to determine if both of us viewed this program (ONLY ON ONE TV) in order to delete it. In other words, instead of recording the program twice, one on Her's and one on mine, there's only only one recording of this program.

We really don't need a combined 10 tuners, we were happy and content with five each and it worked well for us.

Now my question here is, Is there a way to turn or switch of the Wholehouse feature on the Living Room DVR?

If not, can somebody get this new update to work as it should where my Wife can see Her recordings on Her own TV?

Please don't ask me to call Costumer Sevrvice for I logged in three hours with them just yesterday 10/30/2014 trying to sort this out.

Thanks,

Dean

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@flatlander2014 wrote:

hello,

I have two X1 HD DVR's and up till the lastest 147.04b update my wife and I were content with the way they functioned together.

Here is our layout. My wife's DVR originally was setup to be the wholehouse DVR communicating with a client reciever in the Master Bedroom. When she retires for the evening she can continue to finish watching her programs.

My DVR labeled Living Room was not, nor wanted it to be part of the wholehouse system. I simply wanted it to be its own entity.

Now with this supposedly fantastic update where both DVR's are now to be combined nothing is working as it should.

My Wife's and my scheduled to record programming shows up on her's and my Schedule folder.

Now here's the kicker, Her Scheduled programming is recorded on my DVR which shows up on my Saved Folder and not Her's. I can see her recording on my DVR's hardrive and she cannot on Her's. Which means if she wants to watch any of Her future recordings she must come to my DVR in the Living Room to watch her recorded programming. this is not going to work for us.

I don't want her accidently deleting my programming nor does she want me deleting Her's. Now, with this new update shouldn't she as well as I be seeing each others saved recordings on both of our Saved Folder?

With this update, at times we record the same program only to watch at different times. Now we are forced to interact together to determine if both of us viewed this program (ONLY ON ONE TV) in order to delete it. In other words, instead of recording the program twice, one on Her's and one on mine, there's only only one recording of this program.

We really don't need a combined 10 tuners, we were happy and content with five each and it worked well for us.

Now my question here is, Is there a way to turn or switch of the Wholehouse feature on the Living Room DVR?

If not, can somebody get this new update to work as it should where my Wife can see Her recordings on Her own TV?

Please don't ask me to call Costumer Sevrvice for I logged in three hours with them just yesterday 10/30/2014 trying to sort this out.

Thanks,

Dean

The whole house recording was meant to manage all recordings and scheduling by pooling all DVR's and treating them as one giant recording device.  Your DVR was probably separated from your wife's with a MoCA filter attached to the back of your DVR,.  The filter is still doing it's job by not letting her see her recordings that the whole house system recorded on your DVR.  You should probably remove the filter so you both have access to all recordings.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I understand the use of the filter. Actually it was removed by a technician over a month ago so that's not the apparent issue.
Thanks for the response and I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks,
Dean

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@flatlander2014 wrote:
I understand the use of the filter. Actually it was removed by a technician over a month ago so that's not the apparent issue.
Thanks for the response and I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks,
Dean

I would send A P.M> over to comcastthomas to see if anything can be done on the backend to turn that feature off. If that wont work you can get a tivo along side x1 to keep them separated!

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

982 Messages

10 years ago

If anyone is receiving an RDK-00104 Error Message, please see this post:

*Removed*

Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here