members

online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2801 of 2,805
Didn't say I don't have one, said I can't use it because it doesn't do everything I need.
Smiley Happy
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2802 of 2,805
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2803 of 2,805

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!

Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.

You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!

Very helpful, for your next trick, can you poke someone at Comcast with a stick and get them to actually implement the UI?

Haha!! glad my suggestion was helpful. I do agree that it should exist in the UI but I believe the future of X1 is the voice remote, which I have embraced fully. I see the day coming soon for when I will not have the need for button pressing besides launching voice commands and even that can be eliminated by using voice to make the command, similar to "hey siri" ! Until that day, I agree with you that the button pressing should be able to be limited to one press. Hopefully Andrew or another rep can speak to this when they have time.

I should probably use it more often than I do.

And if a voice command could get X1 to back up a slight amount, then slow mo forward, and stop on a frame, then i'd be all over it.

Yesterday I spent several mintues, maybe 20-25 tries, trying to get it to back up and then slo mo and stop at the exact point the ball hit the sand in a volleyball match, but never could, so just had to give up.  Future without slo mo and frame by frame is most definitely not awesome.

==

Can we add a voice command to delete a recording and MAKE IT actually delete it? The ghost delete is worse than ever. Hardly anything will delete these days. So weary of syncing DVR.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2804 of 2,805

RadTV wrote:

X1 Tweaks

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-on-x1-improvements-and-updates

Nothing really new there as far as I can see. Wish there was a way to subscribe to update sites like that. I have signed up for everything I can and still get nothing like that

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2805 of 2,805
Is there a voice command to get straight to Baltimore Orioles MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)?
Or will there be?