members

online now

discussions

Upcoming X1 Updates

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2801 of 2,935
Didn't say I don't have one, said I can't use it because it doesn't do everything I need.
Smiley Happy
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2802 of 2,935
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2803 of 2,935

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

tctc wrote:

Has anyone ever seen an answer, or can someone from Comcast maybe reply, to the question; why can't we get single button access to recordings?

It's been many years and this is a basic UI request that is very easy to solve and would be commonly used.

So many possible implementations.  Some examples -

- Change the Xfininity button to open to Saved, instead of Guide (because there is already a separate button for the Guide!)

- Remember/don't reset where the Xfinity button takes me every single night.

- Allow some type of programmable option (like the 30 second skip).

- Put something optional in the Comcast Labs that allows us to choose where the Xfinity button opens.

I know this is not a button per se but there is a way to get there without all the button pressing. use the voice remote and say the command for recordings, which is "go to my recordings". I just tested it and it works flawlessly!

Cool, will try that for sure, thanks.

You are welcome.I am glad I was able to be of assistance!

Very helpful, for your next trick, can you poke someone at Comcast with a stick and get them to actually implement the UI?

Haha!! glad my suggestion was helpful. I do agree that it should exist in the UI but I believe the future of X1 is the voice remote, which I have embraced fully. I see the day coming soon for when I will not have the need for button pressing besides launching voice commands and even that can be eliminated by using voice to make the command, similar to "hey siri" ! Until that day, I agree with you that the button pressing should be able to be limited to one press. Hopefully Andrew or another rep can speak to this when they have time.

I should probably use it more often than I do.

And if a voice command could get X1 to back up a slight amount, then slow mo forward, and stop on a frame, then i'd be all over it.

Yesterday I spent several mintues, maybe 20-25 tries, trying to get it to back up and then slo mo and stop at the exact point the ball hit the sand in a volleyball match, but never could, so just had to give up.  Future without slo mo and frame by frame is most definitely not awesome.

==

Can we add a voice command to delete a recording and MAKE IT actually delete it? The ghost delete is worse than ever. Hardly anything will delete these days. So weary of syncing DVR.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2804 of 2,935

RadTV wrote:

X1 Tweaks

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-on-x1-improvements-and-updates

Nothing really new there as far as I can see. Wish there was a way to subscribe to update sites like that. I have signed up for everything I can and still get nothing like that

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2805 of 2,935
Is there a voice command to get straight to Baltimore Orioles MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)?
Or will there be?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2806 of 2,935

Update Release 1.75

Added a Reminders viewing option to the Saved > Scheduled menu, allowing users to more easily view and modify their upcoming program reminders.

Xfinity button >Scheduled>Arrow down, Arrow up to View, press OK to change between Recordings and Reminders. A 2 week view of Reminders will show. Arrow right to get to Series Priority
Added a Watch option to all sports team pages so users can easily tune directly to a live game.
Enhanced the Team Recording functionality so users can record a specific subset of programming associated with a sports team. Options include:
Live Games Only
Live Programming, includes pre- and post-game shows
All Programming, includes all available programming associated with a given sports team

Graduated Guide Readability from Comcast Labs and renamed the feature Enhanced Text Readability, which will assist customers who have difficulty reading the X1 On-Screen Guide.
To enable this feature, navigate from Settings > Accessibility or Settings> Preferences > General > Enhanced Text Readability

Graduated Recent Searches from Comcast Labs, so that the feature is now displayed by default on the full-screen Search page.
Recent Searches will no longer appear on the For You page.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2807 of 2,935
How about a voice command to tune directly to my teams MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Channel?

Saying "Put on the Orioles game" always defaults to the regular SD channel (or HD if its on one of the two regular HD Extra Innings Channels).
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2808 of 2,935

adammusic22 wrote:
How about a voice command to tune directly to my teams MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Channel?

Saying "Put on the Orioles game" always defaults to the regular SD channel (or HD if its on one of the two regular HD Extra Innings Channels).

Maybe something the design team can consider in the future when it's out of Beta.

Saying Baltimore Orioles, press OK and the shortcut to the HD Beta is there. Right now, that's all there is available.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2809 of 2,935
Yeah its a couple clicks. I dont like that new team info screen. I wish it just took us straight to regular team page. Leave that info in the sports app. A thought.

The new team recordings options will be a good addition.

Im running out of gripes. 👍🏽
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2810 of 2,935

Using XRE 1.75.04 reminders can now be viewed and cancelled via the scheduler. Saved > Scheduled > View Reminders

I have noticed however that if you press the info button, the program info is not available. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or the information just has not downloaded?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2811 of 2,935

RadTV wrote:

Using XRE 1.75.04 reminders can now be viewed and cancelled via the scheduler. Guide > Scheduled > View Reminders

I have noticed however that if you press the info button, the program info is not available. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or the information just has not downloaded?

Present time, program information is there. Have you compared the reminder program information with guide information and if it shows there. Have an example?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2812 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

RadTV wrote:

Using XRE 1.75.04 reminders can now be viewed and cancelled via the scheduler. Saved > Scheduled > View Reminders

Present time, program information is there. Have you compared the reminder program information with guide information and if it shows there. Have an example?

Yes, I am comparing. May have been a glitch? Seems to be working now.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2813 of 2,935

Andrew,

I have a question about this update/change.....I see the process to turn it on or off in both places as you described but where is the process to change the  font size like we could when it was in Labs? What am I missing? Thanks

Graduated Guide Readability from Comcast Labs and renamed the feature Enhanced Text Readability, which will assist customers who have difficulty reading the X1 On-Screen Guide.
To enable this feature, navigate from Settings > Accessibility or Settings> Preferences > General > Enhanced Text Readability

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2814 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

I have a question about this update/change.....I see the process to turn it on or off in both places as you described but where is the process to change the  font size like we could when it was in Labs? What am I missing? Thanks

There's presently only 2 selections and you're either turning it on or off.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2815 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

Isn't that kind of odd? When it was in Labs there were several text sizes to select from. I chose the largest one and assume thats what I still have (looks ok ). What would happen to someone who chose another size when it was in Labs? Would they get the one they chose under the new process? Just turning in on or off doesn't really make sense to me....what text size do people get if they never chose one in Labs?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2816 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

Isn't that kind of odd? When it was in Labs there were several text sizes to select from. I chose the largest one and assume thats what I still have (looks ok ). What would happen to someone who chose another size when it was in Labs? Would they get the one they chose under the new process? Just turning in on or off doesn't really make sense to me....what text size do people get if they never chose one in Labs?

I agree that the text size option is gone as far as I can tell. In fact, the options available in Comcast labs have shrunk down to almost nothing at all. I have noticed something interesting in the way the search function works when you actually select the letters in the search function. As you add more selected letters to the search the letters available to select get samller as you add more. It seems to be that the search engine is refining the avaiable letters you can select based either on the database of possible matches or possibly from a dictionary of known spellings. It does speed up the process. You can try selecting the letters that spell "Jackie Chan" to see what I mean.

As Arte Johnson used to say on "Laugh In" Verrry Interesting !".

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2817 of 2,935

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

I agree that the text size option is gone as far as I can tell. In fact, the options available in Comcast labs have shrunk down to almost nothing at all. I have noticed something interesting in the way the search function works when you actually select the letters in the search function. As you add more selected letters to the search the letters available to select get samller as you add more. It seems to be that the search engine is refining the avaiable letters you can select based either on the database of possible matches or possibly from a dictionary of known spellings. It does speed up the process. You can try selecting the letters that spell "Jackie Chan" to see what I mean.

I see what you mean on the search function and I like that. We usually use voice search so had not noticed that. However sometimes voice search produces weird or  no results so have to do it manually.  We have learned that it is sensitive to our geographical accent on some words so we have to  speak more clearly. Arte would have to do same...lol

I really do want to understand how someone who Did Not change their guide text size when it was in Labs would do that now or how would someone like me who chose a particular  text size and wanted to change it  would do so.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2818 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

I see what you mean on the search function and I like that. We usually use voice search so had not noticed that. However sometimes voice search produces weird or  no results so have to do it manually.  We have learned that it is sensitive to our geographical accent on some words so we have to  speak more clearly. Arte would have to do same...lol

I really do want to understand how someone who Did Not change their guide text size when it was in Labs would do that now or how would someone like me who chose a particular  text size and wanted to change it  would do so.

I don't think there is any way to change the text for the guide now, aside from the "ON" "OFF" enhanced text switch in labs. The only text you can change now is the closed captioning text in the "accessibility" options. Too Bad. The old pre -X1 guide had a lot of different color and text options which are all gone with X1. It shouldn't be much of a programming task to allow us to change the text color and background color of the guide and would be a nice feature to add to labs.  I have a voice remote I can use but haven't bothered with it yet. I wonder what the on screen messages would be when X1 malfunctions and I would bombard it with four letter expletives ? Hmmmm.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2819 of 2,935

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

I don't think there is any way to change the text for the guide now, aside from the "ON" "OFF" enhanced text switch in labs. The only text you can change now is the closed captioning text in the "accessibility" options. Too Bad. The old pre -X1 guide had a lot of different color and text options which are all gone with X1. It shouldn't be much of a programming task to allow us to change the text color and background color of the guide and would be a nice feature to add to labs.  I have a voice remote I can use but haven't bothered with it yet. I wonder what the on screen messages would be when X1 malfunctions and I would bombard it with four letter expletives ? Hmmmm.

"It shouldn't be much of a programming task to...."   fix most of the things we're asking about on the forums...

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2820 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

I had the text option set to 1 in the labs section and never set it back to normal and now the option is gone so what does the text size default to? I have the enhanced text size feature turned off.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2821 of 2,935

Prior to update 1.74 there were 4 possible options(default and options 1,2,3). At Update 1.74, 4 options became 3 options(default, and options 1&2). The previous options 2 and 3 were combined to create option 2 under 1.74. 

1.75 comes along and the previous default and option 1 combine for Default/Off and Option 2 becomes On.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2822 of 2,935

This isn't the first thing to "graduate" from comcast labs and end up in production having changed from what was in labs.

I'm hoping that when Control Panel graduates it will randomly allow slow motion and frame by frame...

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2823 of 2,935

tctc wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

"It shouldn't be much of a programming task to...."   fix most of the things we're asking about on the forums...

tctc...we have been saying that for years haven't we? Much of what we ask for is functions they took away...real slo mo, frame by frame, recording buffer, text color and size options, etc.  It took years of fussing and me beating the dead horse about the text sizing and they finally gave us limited choices in Labs just for the Guide itself and WHAM...they took it out of Labs and now we can't change the size.......only turn whatever we already have chosed on or off..HUH? I am boggled.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2824 of 2,935

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

==

Remember me beating the dead horse over getting back the text functions after the took them away a couple of years ago? I got beat up for my pushback and still have bruises. I also kept interating that those who cannot HEAR have so many  VISION enhancing text/contrast,etc options with  Closed Captioning BUT those who can't see well have no options. Then they gave us some and now that those options are out of Labs there is no way to change the size...I am totally befuddled. 

You might enjoy venting by being able to say what you feel to the voice remote and not have censorship....   😋😱😬We find the voice remote  useful and time saving.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2825 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

they took it out of Labs and now we can't change the size.......only turn whatever we already have chosed on or off..HUH? I am boggled.

I totally understand the frustration but one should not be terribly boggled about this because it says right up on top of the labs page that any lab item can be changed, removed, stop working, etc. that is not verbatim the words but roughly as I do not have my TV turned on to direct quote the disclaimer.

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2826 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Prior to update 1.74 there were 4 possible options(default and options 1,2,3). At Update 1.74, 4 options became 3 options(default, and options 1&2). The previous options 2 and 3 were combined to create option 2 under 1.74. 

1.75 comes along and the previous default and option 1 combine for Default/Off and Option 2 becomes On.

Andrew Andrew Andrew....that is clear as mud.  Why in the world would they  FINALLY code/program to give us 4 options in Labs and then do whatever it is you said when taken off Labs? I can't count the backward steps that represents.  It took years to get any options at all. I beat several horses to death to get the text  Labs options and now??????

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2827 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

they took it out of Labs and now we can't change the size.......only turn whatever we already have chosed on or off..HUH? I am boggled.

I totally understand the frustration but one should not be terribly boggled about this because it says right up on top of the labs page that any lab item can be changed, removed, stop working, etc. that is not verbatim the words but roughly as I do not have my TV turned on to direct quote the disclaimer.

Yes I understand the disclaimer but the font  feature was a hot topic for years and finally they went to the trouble to program the options and put in Labs to test it. So many of we visually impaired/aging,etc users were thrilled to have some control over the font AND then they basically removed it with whatever Andrew said.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2828 of 2,935

brandonbob2376 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

There's no argument that thet "can" do it, it's just very sad that they choose to.  And don't choose to fix the lengthy list of issues, leading to an inferior product...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2829 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

brandonbob2376 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Yes I understand the disclaimer but the font  feature was a hot topic for years and finally they went to the trouble to program the options and put in Labs to test it. So many of we visually impaired/aging,etc users were thrilled to have some control over the font AND then they basically removed it with whatever Andrew said.

I don't see improvement and Comcast labs has gone to Comcast Labs "Lite". Anyone else notice that sometimes when you delete a series recording and wait for a message to view the next recording the entire recordings screen goes into a rolling mode like it was trying to refresh the page and having trouble ? Sometimes I must exit and press the Xfinity button to get to the next episode. As a programmer I would suspect that the programmers of X1 lost track of a variable counter somewhere.

Score another one for the "Clud" er... Cloud.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 2830 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Andrew Andrew Andrew....that is clear as mud.  Why in the world would they  FINALLY code/program to give us 4 options in Labs and then do whatever it is you said when taken off Labs? I can't count the backward steps that represents.  It took years to get any options at all. I beat several horses to death to get the text  Labs options and now??????

If you're so perceptive, why did you wait to mention anything until updates were posted? Because you couldn't tell the difference 2 months after changes were made. 

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2831 of 2,935

Wolverine062 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

If you're so perceptive, why did you wait to mention anything until updates were posted? Because you couldn't tell the difference 2 months after changes were made. 

==

I beg your pardon? Andrew posted the update details on JUNE 1.  So you are saying that it took Andrew 2 months to post the update details and its my fault that I didn't know about them back then?  Guess my mind reading function was turned of....my goodness Wolverine!

I have had no need to look at  Labs  or settings for changes to Guide text size since making my choice months ago as it was working just fine. I don't look every week for version update unless I notice something in a feature has changed and I didn't. I used to look all the time but I don't do that as often now.  As long as everything is working ok I am learning not to obsess and to leave well enough alone.  I wait for Andrew to post the updates. The other changes in the update are not something my household would not have  really noticed We rarely use reminders and we have had no problem tuning to /watching a game using the app.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2832 of 2,935

I haven't posted much lately either TeriB for the same reasons. Namely, X1 hasn't broken in any major way for a while.. We seem to be in the saddle of a hyperbolic (Cowboy hat 3D function) error wise. It would be nice if Comcast added true Internet capability to their boxes so those of us with Amazon Prime could use the Box to access Prime video content via the Comcast box. It is after all connected to the cable directly. My 3D Blu Ray player can do this easily but it would be a nice feature to add to the Comcast box. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2833 of 2,935

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Just to clarify about Guide Readability - when we graduated the feature from Labs, we renamed it based on feedback we received. It is now called Enhanced Text Readability and can be found in General Settings or Accessibility Settings. Customers that had Option 1 on will now see the Setting turned Off because we applied the changes we made in Option 1 to ALL customer boxes and it is now the default setting. Option 2 and Option 3 were very similar so we merged the two and any customer who was on Option 2 or 3 will now see the Setting turned On and will continue to benefit from the very large text size. I hope this helps with the concerns out there. We also are working on a next phase to apply the larger text sizes to more screens in the Guide. Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2834 of 2,935

ComcastSarah wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Just to clarify about Guide Readability - when we graduated the feature from Labs, we renamed it based on feedback we received. It is now called Enhanced Text Readability and can be found in General Settings or Accessibility Settings. Customers that had Option 1 on will now see the Setting turned Off because we applied the changes we made in Option 1 to ALL customer boxes and it is now the default setting. Option 2 and Option 3 were very similar so we merged the two and any customer who was on Option 2 or 3 will now see the Setting turned On and will continue to benefit from the very large text size. I hope this helps with the concerns out there. We also are working on a next phase to apply the larger text sizes to more screens in the Guide. Thanks!

Thanks Sarah, your explanation as well as Andrew's were very clear and helpful. I appreciate both of you taking the time to explain this feature!

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2835 of 2,935

ComcastSarah wrote:

TerriB wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Thanks for the clear explanation of how the text size option morphed. I personally found option 3 much better than option 2. YES YES YES......applying larger text to more screens would be amazing.  The main problem in my household is the readability of the program info. Even when opened in its own window its so small  we have to walk up to the tv to read it on a 40 inch screen.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2836 of 2,935

Well, didn't get much of a COMCAST repsonse in the other Topic (X1 ISSUES), so I'll try here in hopes to hear form COMCAST.

What happened? Over the last 2-3 weeks, the performance of our X1 came to a sudden SLOW-DOWN. What I mean is pressing the XFINITY BUTTON to get to the Menus (Guide/Saved/etc).  I get to the MENUS, then Arrow (L or R), get to RECORDINGS and the screen is very sloooow to respond and display (I call it a LAG). I can literally see each image slowly come up. The L/R Arrow plays "catch up" if I press it too many times.

This is very frustrating and is new to me. The X1 box has been fairly flawless for 8 months. And yes - I have performed the Help/Refresh to no avail. I have rebooted it numerous times. After an initial Reboot, it seems to work fine for a day or so, then back to this LAG.

Any ideas from COMCAST?  running 1.75.06   06/02/2017

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2837 of 2,935

Cody21 wrote:

Well, didn't get much of a COMCAST repsonse in the other Topic (X1 ISSUES), so I'll try here in hopes to hear form COMCAST.

What happened? Over the last 2-3 weeks, the performance of our X1 came to a sudden SLOW-DOWN. What I mean is pressing the XFINITY BUTTON to get to the Menus (Guide/Saved/etc).  I get to the MENUS, then Arrow (L or R), get to RECORDINGS and the screen is very sloooow to respond and display (I call it a LAG). I can literally see each image slowly come up. The L/R Arrow plays "catch up" if I press it too many times.

This is very frustrating and is new to me. The X1 box has been fairly flawless for 8 months. And yes - I have performed the Help/Refresh to no avail. I have rebooted it numerous times. After an initial Reboot, it seems to work fine for a day or so, then back to this LAG.

I've had zero issues so you might want to call Comcast sounds like it could be you or something in your area. 

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2838 of 2,935

m45warrior1 wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

I've had zero issues so you might want to call Comcast sounds like it could be you or something in your area. 

Cody,

Have no 'lag' here in northern Virginia either. Sure hope you find out whats wrong. I can only imagine how frustrating the slow down is.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2839 of 2,935

I have had zero issues here with lag. Everything is running perfectly on X1 for me!

m45warrior1 wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2840 of 2,935

Cody21 wrote:

FYI, these forums are mainly user to user forums.  I have had luck in the past calling Comcast Customer Service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2841 of 2,935

RobertWy wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

FYI, these forums are mainly user to user forums.  I have had luck in the past calling Comcast Customer Service.

I've seen & had responses from @COMCASTANDREWS, and others ...   So was hoping this might get his/someone's attention.

PS - this happened again, last night. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2842 of 2,935

Slow and laggy performance is usually deficient signal related.

Have you gone into the diagnostic menu and checked your signal levels?

Cody21 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

I've seen & had responses from @COMCASTANDREWS, and others ...   So was hoping this might get his/someone's attention.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2843 of 2,935

RickGr4 wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

Not going to get into THAT again..  but FYI, 5 BARS = GOOD ... for what that's worth.

So again, to be very clear.  We RESTART the box (like the 10th time in 2 weeks), After the Restart it is snappy and runs very fast (no lag) for 1-2 days, then suddenly the screen responses from the Remote (50% Battery left) LAG ..  painting each ICON/PICTURE one by one. Happens on ANY of the MENUS, like everything is suddenly being Buffered. 

I'd appreciate a COMMENT from an actual COMCAST person when/if they see this. I don't wish to waste my time driving to the COMCAST office to swap it for something that won't address what seems to be a Software problem that developed a couple of weeks ago. (And if YOU are not seeing this, I applaud you.)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2844 of 2,935

Cody21 wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Cody21 wrote:

Not going to get into THAT again..  but FYI, 5 BARS = GOOD ... for what that's worth.

So again, to be very clear.  We RESTART the box (like the 10th time in 2 weeks), After the Restart it is snappy and runs very fast (no lag) for 1-2 days, then suddenly the screen responses from the Remote (50% Battery left) LAG ..  painting each ICON/PICTURE one by one. Happens on ANY of the MENUS, like everything is suddenly being Buffered. 

I'd appreciate a COMMENT from an actual COMCAST person when/if they see this. I don't wish to waste my time driving to the COMCAST office to swap it for something that won't address what seems to be a Software problem that developed a couple of weeks ago. (And if YOU are not seeing this, I applaud you.)

Please post if you get a solution, would love to know if there's something else I can try to fix our lag.  Thanks and good luck,

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2845 of 2,935
Cody 21,

The signal meter you are referring to in Comcast Labs is nearly pointless.

You need to get it to the X1 box sub menus to see a much more accurate picture of your signals.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2846 of 2,935

I've seen & had responses from @COMCASTANDREWS, and others ... So was hoping this might get his/someone's attention.

I checked things out the day you posted (but I didn't get a chance to reply) and again today to compare. Everything looks good, well within spec, the only thing that really stood out were that for only having a modem and dvr the downstream signal seemed low. That being said you're also at and end of line tap and those generally have low signal. I would have a tech out to verify all outside and go from there.

Edit: No sooner do I post this and your equipment dropped about 5 db, also affecting a handful of others in your neighborhood.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2847 of 2,935

@ComcastAndrew

Hi I hope you can help me,

I have 3 DVR's and 1 HD box in my home and on only one of the DVR boxes there is an issue where the big on screen guide does not go back to the current channel you are viewing after you just scrolled though the guide close it and re open it quickly. Actually it does switch back to the current channel but only if you wait like 6 seceonds or more before re opening the on screen guide. Now all 3 of my DVR's are the same model the newer one with the blue power light.

How can I get this fixed other then getting a replacment DVR box?

I just find it very strange that since all 3 DVR's are the same model and yet only one of them have this issue.

Thanks

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2848 of 2,935

gate1975mlm wrote:

@ComcastAndrew

Hi I hope you can help me,

I have 3 DVR's and 1 HD box in my home and on only one of the DVR boxes there is an issue where the big on screen guide does not go back to the current channel you are viewing after you just scrolled though the guide close it and re open it quickly. Actually it does switch back to the current channel but only if you wait like 6 seceonds or more before re opening the on screen guide. Now all 3 of my DVR's are the same model the newer one with the blue power light.

How can I get this fixed other then getting a replacment DVR box?

I just find it very strange that since all 3 DVR's are the same model and yet only one of them have this issue.

Thanks

One option is to swap locations with one of the other DVR's to see if the problem follows the DVR or whether it is at the coax outlet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2849 of 2,935

ComcastAndrew wrote:

I've seen & had responses from @COMCASTANDREWS, and others ... So was hoping this might get his/someone's attention.

I checked things out the day you posted (but I didn't get a chance to reply) and again today to compare. Everything looks good, well within spec, the only thing that really stood out were that for only having a modem and dvr the downstream signal seemed low. That being said you're also at and end of line tap and those generally have low signal. I would have a tech out to verify all outside and go from there.

Edit: No sooner do I post this and your equipment dropped about 5 db, also affecting a handful of others in your neighborhood.

Interesting.  So is it a "Neighborhood" Issue? and if so, is this something you can Report to your Tech Group to address?  or should I put in a Service Call?   Thanks  for responding !

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2850 of 2,935

Just recently X1 got updated and it made a few things worse:

•  Notifications now turn the entire top 25% of the screen dark (the pop-up in the corner was fine before)
  •  Font size on notifications is smaller and harder to read. (Incoming called name is so tiny)
  •  I can no longer press the left arrow to see who previously called (new notifications are always empty)