I'll provide my answers if that helps.
1. Device OEM: Apple/Samsung/LG? Samsung S7
2. Device WiFi MAC Wifi
3. Issue specific to XFINITY or xfinitywifi or Home WiFi? xfinitywifi hotspot only
4. Issue noticed in multiple locations or single location? single location so far
5. Device was connecting to XFINITY/xfinitywifi earlier without any issues? If yes, when is the start date/time for the issue? Yes, it used to connect with no issues. Since around 5/10 last week
6. Date/Time when the issue seen? Exact time not required. Since 5/10
7. Location where the issue occurred? Around Marriottsville, Maryland
8. Any other WiFi Connection Management applications installed in the phone from Google Play Store or App Store? Not that I know of
9. If it is Android Phone- “Auto-Connect to XFINITY” is ON or OFF? On
... View more
I have been having the same problem. I used to use an Xfinity hotspot at work every day with my S7 & all the sudden it stopped connecting. It will try, but say "Failed to obtain IP address." I did have an Android update at some point within the last few weeks but I don't think it happened right after that. Our office has made some changes with their internet configuration but I have no idea if that would affect it. I'm trying to do a chat with a rep. but they seem pretty clueless.
It's frustrating because I used it so much for work, now I'm just using up my data from Verizon & paying for more.
... View more