Originally configured Device Management blocking/bedtime directly in my DPC3941 gateway, then found that the xFi app was available and had more options, so spent 1-2 hours naming all devices and profiles. Later found that the bedtime rules in the gateway were overriding the bedtime rules in xFi. So I logged into the gateway and performed "reset to factory defaults". This forced me to set a new WiFi name and WiFi password, which was a pain, but went ahead and did that, and when I logged into the gateway I found that the gateway bedtime rules had cleared themselves out, which is what I needed done...Reconnected all my devices to the new WiFi name/password. Found that only 1 of about 5 active devices that were actively connected to WiFi were shown as connected in the xFi app. Restarted the gateway and then most of the active devices did show correctly as connected in xFi.
Even after doing this, the xFi bedtime problem is not fully resolved. The gateway bedtime rules no longer seem to override the xFi bedtime rules, however there seems to be a new problem with the xFi bedtime rules: Lets say that I want to allow a laptop to connect to the Internet while it is in Bedtime mode on a Tuesday... Since there is no option to temporarily "Unpause" the device (wouldn't that be nice!) I go ahead and delete the school day bedtime rule. Now in the xFi app the device shows connected with the green dot, but on the actual laptop the web browser still says it's in bedtime mode and won't load any webpages, and yes, WiFi is connecting to the gateway of course. After fussing with it for about half an hour and deleting the weekend bedtime rule in xFi it finally connected.
1. How long should it take to allow a device to connect after the bedtime rule is deleted?
2. In order to allow a device to connect during bedtime, as a work-around, is it necessary to delete both the school day and weekend bedtime rules?
3. Why isn't there an option to temporarily "unpause" a device during bedtime?
4. Is it possible to block Internet access from 9pm until 3pm the following day? Currently 11:30am the following day is the latest...
5. How do I get the xFi bedtime feature to work reliably? As stated I've already reset my DPC3941 gateway to factory defaults and still have issues.
6. How do I private message a Comcast employee here? Do I have to submit at least one post first or something?
... View more