Overall, really solid app - good work! Some feedback, impressions, and thoughts below:
- Privide the ability to mark channels or shows as a favorite
- Provide the ability to filter on HD, favorites, etc.
- Make it easier (less clicks/navigation) to swtich between live TV guide, on-demand, and Cloud DVR
- Provide ability to change channels without having to go back to the guide. E.g. * then type in a channel number, or go to a miniguide
- Fix the (presumed) bug where when you go back to the guide, it does not shift to the current time. You have to scroll forward to the current time.
- For me, stability was pretty solid, especially compared to other streaming services. I did notice the app crashing out on 2 occasions for no obvious reason. But, I had it streaming pretty much all day yesterday and this morning, so 2 hiccups in that timespan is pretty good.
Other thoughts and impressions
- This may be the best live streaming app as-is (totally my opinion and may not be shared by others). My opinion is that the UI it is as good or better than Sling, Vue, or DirecTV now - good work. Once there are some UI refinements, it may be (for me) the best one out there.
- Continuing that thought, if you can eliminate subtle/hidden fees in your billing and pricing (local broadcast fees, potential outlet charges, etc.) while keeping prices competitive, and make it available to any customer in any market, with any Internet provider, with Apple TV and Amazon Fire support, you will have the best streaming service out there.
- Bring it to Apple TV and other streaming platforms!
- Please do not make additional fees unreasonable! It infuriates me to no end to have to pay an additional outlet fee for each TV where I want to watch content. I think limits on concurrent streams and/or a reasonable ($5 or so) fee to enable OTT streaming for a household is reasonable. I think having to pay a fee for each OTT streaming box is unreasonable and will not compete in the market against the likes of Vue, Sling, and others. Again, eliminating subtle fees is vital to compete with other offerings. For me, if pricing ends up being unreasonable I am dropping Xfinity TV again.
... View more