I found that the 1TB drive works just fine. Now I'm trying to find a 2 way data switch box for eSata cables so I can switch between two 1TB drives, I've been searching for hours with nothing found so far!
Don't bother trying to find an eSATA cable switch .... that's just asking for trouble. Use the procedure I linked to you previously as written in the instruction guide.
I line up my 3 Expanders next to each other (the two 1TB WD ones plus the 2TB unit) and move the connecter manually from one Expander to the other when needed (I switch them very rarely):
1. Place your DVR in standby/off mode with it's remote control;
2. Remove the eSATA connector from the back of the Expander;
3. Power down your current Expander;
4. Power up your DVR (and TV);
5. Power up your second Expander and let it spin up for 15-30 seconds unconnected;
6. Insert the eSATA cable into the back of the your other Expander;
7. Wait for the TV screen to announce the second Expander is now connected (might take 10 to 20 seconds);
8. Press the DVR remote "Okay" button once or twice;
9. After about another 10-20 seconds (maybe faster) you'll be good to go.
... View more
Wow! I've been away for a while and from the looks of the latest thread, Comcast seems to have been succeeding lately deflecting attention from their still imperfect X1 system by somehow turning some of us against one and other. Very tricky! In any event, my long delayed update is that I guess I have just become accustomed to the shortcomings of my X1. It still fails to record some shows, still records some shows I didn't even select to record, the menu still freezes up at times, and most irritatingly, will short record some shows, like the Dr. Who Christmas special that was 85 min. long, but my X1 only recorded 80 minutes cutting off the big reveal. Perhaps I shouldn't whine, but I guess there's no pleasing some people...
... View more